Kona Dinner Question

Kricketnp

DIS Veteran
We are considering dinner at Kona on an upcoming trip but will be traveling with a vegetarian. There is something on the lunch menu she'd eat (Kona stir fry with tofu), but it's not on the dinner menu. Does anyone know if they would they be willing to serve it to her for dinner?

We are considering dinner at Kona on an upcoming trip but will be traveling with a vegetarian. There is something on the lunch menu she'd eat (Kona stir fry with tofu), but it's not on the dinner menu. Does anyone know if they would they be willing to serve it to her for dinner?
More than likely. They've been very accommodating for my kids' picky palates and my mother's diet issues.

I had a wife like that.
We would put “special diet” on the reservation

The allergy chef would cook her a basically what ever…. Modify menu items, or go to another restaurant and change proteins

If you ask ahead you should be fine

There are only a handul of WDW restaurants that have seperate lunch and dinner menus and I can't speak directly for Kona Cafe, but the often the answer is no, you cannot get lunch items for dinner. When the menu changes, so do the kitchen stations and prepped ingredients. Lunch things get put away and might not be available. Since there is neither stir fry nor tofu on the dinner menu, they might not be able to accommodate.

Last edited:

They are very accommodating with allergies so I would think they would have a vegetatrian option.

There are only a handul of WDW restaurants that have seperate lunch and dinner menus and I can't speak directly for Kona Cafe, but the often the answer is no, you cannot get lunch items for dinner. When the menu changes, so do the kitchen stations and prepped ingredients. Lunch things get put away and just aren't available. Since there is neither stir fry nor tofu on the dinner menu, they might not be able to accommodate.

Oh I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for the insight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter