Kona dinner question

crazyfordisney2000

DIS Veteran
My DD is 10, so an adult on the regular dining plan. She loves the wings at Kona, but they are an appetizer. Nothing else on the menu appeals to her. Has anyone been able to order them in place of an entree on the dining plan? TIA:goodvibes

Talk to you waitress/waiter, especially when it comes to children they will work with you. I have often seen them create a meal for a child if nothing on the menu appeals to them.

In general, the answer is no. The rules do not allow the substitution of an apetizer as the entree of choice on the DDP. I would be surprised if they did this, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Just don't plan on it so you won't be disappointed, if they choose to abide by the published rules.

If they say no, you could just order the wings and pay OOP and save the adult meal credit for later. (Since a $12.99 app as an entree would not be a good use of an adult dining credit anyhow)

It "can" be done but it involves a manager and will take a bit longer for your check at then end of the meal. If you dont mind having to wait a little longer for your check, ask your server if they can ring it in and have it changed to "open food".

It "can" be done but it involves a manager and will take a bit longer for your check at then end of the meal. If you dont mind having to wait a little longer for your check, ask your server if they can ring it in and have it changed to "open food".

I agree that it definitely can be done. When my girls were younger, we made ressies at California Grill and my oldest at the time did not like anything on the adult menu. They ended up modifying something on the children's menu that she did like and turned into an adult entree size for her.

My 16 year old neice was able to order an appetizer for her meal at The Wave and she was on the dining plan. You're not out anything asking. We will be doing Kona without the dining plan at Thanksgiving for the first time - I plan on having those yummy wings for my meal with a salad. Something about those wings...

If they say no, you could just order the wings and pay OOP and save the adult meal credit for later. (Since a $12.99 app as an entree would not be a good use of an adult dining credit anyhow)

Our DD will often just want an app. So DH and I use our credits and we pay oop for her meal. It's a great way to stretch you credits.

Our DD will often just want an app. So DH and I use our credits and we pay oop for her meal. It's a great way to stretch you credits.

Ooh, this is a great idea to sneak in an extra signature restaurant & send the kids to the kids club, thanks for the tip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter