• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kona Cafe OR Ohana breakfast...

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
Can't decide between the two. We loved Ohana breakfast but I am dying to try Tonga toast. Ohanas gets the nod, though, because of Stitch and Pluto (we have a meal with Mickey at Tusker House) but based on food only Ohanas or Kona for breakfast?

Based on food only? Easy choice - Kona.

Food only: Kona without a doubt. A la carte menu with many more tasty options than the family style set menu at 'Ohana.

Definitely Kona. Not even a close contest when it comes to food

Kona for sure. Aside from the tonga toast, the macadamia pancakes and the samoan are awesome too.

Easy Choice Ohana-All you can eat common breakfast food with Lilo and Stitch. Kona-If you want a tastier less hectic dining experience. Unless you are a family with kids the love Stitch I would definitely go with Kona. The Tonga toast and Pressed pot coffee are great.

Kona definitely. We've only done each one time but the breakfast we had at Ohana was really awful. Dry overcooked, terrible food. So we won't be going back. Kona's was good although the Tonga Toast was a little overrated IMO. Between the juice (which was delicious) and the Tonga Toast it was way to sweet to the point of making me nauseous and I have a major sweet tooth. But the food was good, DH loved his meal and options looked great.

Another vote for Kona. Unless, you really, really like and want the breakfast meat served at Ohana. Kona has many more offerings. Last 5 day trip we ate there 2x for breakfast! Their berry smoothie goes perfectly with the Tonga Toast!:thumbsup2

O'hana. We have had both and Kona breakfast was very underwhelming. Maybe we had a bad experience....dinner there was great, but our breakfast was awful. But no one had the tonga toast, so maybe it's that good. Our food at o'hana breakfast was hot, plentiful and easy, and our server was attentive and pleasant. Honestly the best servers we have had at Disney have both been at o'hana.

I went to both during my trip at the beginning of this month... While the characters at Ohana were great, the food was pretty blah. However, Kona was easily the best breakfast we had ever had! I am not even really a breakfast person, and I cannot wait to be able to go to Kona again!!! :D

We've done both and only ever returned to Kona Cafe. In my opinion Kona has the best breakfast on property and it is reasonably priced yummy food too :0)

Food only.....easy......KONA!!! Love love love the tonga toast, pressed coffee pot, and the jungle juice (cant remember what they call it). The prices are very reasonable too! Since you already have a character meal planned, id go with Kona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter