Kona Cafe or Cape May Clam Bake?

northwenald

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone !!!!
I am having a tough time deciding where to eat dinner. We have never been to Cape May for dinner and it looks like it gets good reviews. We have been to Kona and like that place. We do have tickets for MVMCP that night so I know Kona is closer to MK but I am wondering if Cape May would be worth a try. I can get a 5:00 adr at both places. I also thought that were Cape May is a buffet we would be out by 6:00 and then get a bus to MK for the party. We are staying at the Boardwalk and this is the only night that we could go to Cape May. Please help me pick one.
Thanks everyone !!!!!

I absolutely love "Cape May", but I've gotta' tell ya'... IMHO - with the situation you've presented - I'd go with "Kona", which is really good too !. But then, that could just be me, "over-thinking" and "over-planning" everything ! :wizard:

Thanks everyone !!!!
I really really want to try Cape May. Do you think that with a 5:00pm adr we can be out by 6:00pm? I would love to get to the MK right before 7:00pm. It will be just DH and myself so no need to rush to the party, we have been to it before. I really just love the MVMCP parade and Holiday Wishes. The rest of the time we just walk around and I go in all the stores - haha.
Thanks again !!!!

Cape May and Kona are our two favorites.

If you will be leaving the Boardwalk, heading to Cape May and then on to MK, I would chose Cape May. If you will already be at MK, I would chose Kona Cafe for logistical reasons.

In our experience, we have occasionally waited 15-20 minutes, even with ADRs. So, if you only want to use an hour, you could possibly be cutting it close. I do think you can eat quickly since you don't have to wait and and everything is already out there. I think it's an excellent meal, and I don't even eat the seafood!

Since Cape May is a buffet, you could ask for your check right away to help save time.

Just ate at Cape May on Sunday night. We had 6:30 reservation, seated pretty much spot on. Went to MK after for fireworks. Got in the park at about 8:30. The food was great. My husband voted best dinner of the weekend. Ate at Ohonna's, Grand Floridan Cafe, LeCeller's and Cape May. All dinners, except LeCellers, was lunch.

We went to Cape May for the first time on Friday night. While it was very good, we didn't find it worth the money (I don't eat seafood but husband and parents do). While it was very good and we were glad we tried it, we probably won't go back. There are a lot of other places we prefer. We love Kona! That would be a great choice! We also stayed at the BW. Enjoy your vacation!

We ate at both last week and we preferred Kona. Cape May has gotten very popular and the quality is slipping. Also, logistically Kona would be the logical choice.

Thanks everyone !!!!
I keep looking at the menus and both look great. I booked Cape May but of course now I am thinking that being closer to MK for the party might be better. I don't want to sit through dinner and worry about getting to MVMCP by 7:00pm. At least at the Poly we could take the monorail or boat but being at Beach Club we have to worry about the taking a bus. I hate when I second guess myself !!!

Thanks for all the responses !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter