Kona Cafe - never been before

travelbug

DIS Veteran
We'll be having lunch at Kona Cafe on our upcoming trip, and are looking forward to it. None of us have been there before. Any recommendations for what's good there?

TIA! :)

The Ahi tuna sandwich, fish or pork tacos and the Polynesian plate chicken or steak are all very popular.
Enjoy!

Chicken sandwich, Polynesian lunch plate (steak), & Pan Asian noodles are all delicious. Kona Cafe is my favorite on-site restaurant. Pretty much anything you choose will be tasty. Enjoy!

For starter Kona Salad, main course i always have fish, dessert i don't usually instead i have a Cafe Latte but my mum loves the Kilauea Torte which we share. enjoy your lunch! :goodvibes

I don't know if the sushi counter is open for lunch as it is for dinner, but if so, their sushi is EXCELLENT.

Everything we've tried there is excellent! Order what looks good to you, and you can't go wrong. My kids love the Kona Kone for dessert, but I like the creme brulee.

I don't know if the sushi counter is open for lunch as it is for dinner, but if so, their sushi is EXCELLENT.

The sushi counter isn't open for lunch. That's one of the reasons I'm a big proponent for Kona's dinner over their lunch.

We just had dinner there last week, I think it is the only restaurant we have eaten at on all 5 of our trips, sometimes lunch, sometimes dinner. We just love it, my 12 year old said it was the highlight of the trip. I think you will enjoy whatever you end up having, it has never disappointed us.

Thanks for all of the suggestions....we will be having lunch there on our arrival day in August and after we check in we were thinking of eating here before heading off to Epcot. I am so excited, it has been awhile since we last dined here, that was for dinner...which I thought was excellent BTW :goodvibes.

Everything we've tried there is excellent! Order what looks good to you, and you can't go wrong. My kids love the Kona Kone for dessert, but I like the creme brulee.

Just out of curiosity, my kids saw pictures of the Kona Kone and now they both want to have one when we eat here. In the pictures the dessert looked huge, just wondering is it something they can both share or is the pictures making the Kona Kone look bigger then it really is. My girls are 8 and 10 and loves ice cream AND cotton candy :goodvibes. TIA.

I really like Kona Cafe for breakfast, I love their Tonga Toast. :lovestruc

For dinner, I usually order sushi, love the Volcano roll. Their house bread and macadamia nut butter is sooo good.

OP here. Wow, thanks for all the recommendations! It's great to hear that people love the place so much. Can't wait to try it!

I think I'll look over the menu a little more, and check out the menu items that different people here have suggested. It may be hard to decide, but it's fun thinking about the choices. :thumbsup2

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter