Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

Wifi isn't difficult to find. Have yet to see a hotel without it so testing Saturday night or anytime Sunday in your hotel seems preferable than testing at the port. I hope you come to the conclusion this reduces your stress, not adding to it. Better to find out your test results earlier isn't it?

I have had to return to the US several times by air using the emed online covid tests. It truly couldn't be easier. Weren't you already planning to do this to fly back at the end of your vacation?
No…but I am now 😂😉…since my wonderful Disney fam (in these threads) have kindly reminded me about the testing that needs to happen on our way back into the US 🤫

I’ve been a bit busy at work, but DCL’s email threw me right over the edge 🥴 & I needed some quick clarity 😳…but it sounds like those 6-pk of “Abbott BinaxNow At-Home tests” are the way to go 👍🏼 since we can get them proctored anytime as long as we have access to WiFi 😁

So 90 day question. Our cruise on aug8 is within 90 days recovery but we are taking B2b and on Aug 12 we are outside 90 days recovered. How is that handled for testing
DCL is requiring all B2B cruisers to test in between cruises on Disney's dime

It's way at the very bottom of the know before you go page on testing

We are driving from Colorado to Vancouver for our June 13th cruise. We leave Colorado June 1st and have many stops along the way. We plan to enter Canada on June 11th. Will we need to find a place to test in Vancouver or should we plan to bring appropriate tests with us? Since we will be travelling pre-cruise this is all pretty confusing. I have never been this stressed about a trip before. I think it's just the logistics of the testing that is stressing me.
Hey there 🤗- u are not alone on your concerns/stress points😲 …as we are on the Same Alaskan cruise & will be entering Canada on same day.

Fwiw, my 1-day “binge-study” 🧐 of all the different threads regarding approved Covid testing that can be done “same day” & conveniently for cruisers, is the 6-pack of Abbott BinaxNow At-Home Test Kits ($150) that u purchase thru eMed.com.

Visit this eMed site to learn more on how these tests work & order your tests ASAP so you can receive them before you leave on June 1.

Does anyone know the cost of the proctored rapid antigen test through Safe Passage?

Does anyone know the cost of the proctored rapid antigen test through Safe Passage?
"The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74.00 (USD) plus tax for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125.00 (USD) plus tax for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service."

"The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74.00 (USD) plus tax for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125.00 (USD) plus tax for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service."
Isn't that what you will have to pay if you have the test done at the port? I was wondering about the proctored self-test option you do a day or two before arrival at port. I have checked costs on other sites, but I haven't seen anything about the cost of a proctored self test using Safe Passage, and you can't get into their website to check on that until 15 days (?) prior to cruise. Thanks!

Isn't that what you will have to pay if you have the test done at the port? I was wondering about the proctored self-test option you do a day or two before arrival at port. I have checked costs on other sites, but I haven't seen anything about the cost of a proctored self test using Safe Passage, and you can't get into their website to check on that until 15 days (?) prior to cruise. Thanks!
Sorry that's the information for the price of the testing at the port.

For those who have ordered the rapid test through Inspire - how did you do it? I can't log onto Safe Passage until 15 days prior to cruise and feel like that is cutting it too close for ordering tests.
I think I just went to inspire diagnostics and filled it out. It wasn’t a great website, but you did give cruise info, so it seemed like they have their act together somewhat. I didn’t have a hard time signing on, and then all of a sudden it worked. It didn’t give me a lot of confidence, but I figured since they’re partnered with Disney it’s the best way to go. We’ll see.

We just ordered the 6 pack Antigen Tests from emed. They are $150 for 6 or $25/test plus shipping and tax. Total price was $185.41. Just got off the phone with my TA and she said they are super easy to use.

Good question to get clarified✅

1) when exactly does the 48-hour timeframe start? If that’s the measurement DCL is using 🤷🏻‍♀️

2) is it 48 hrs from your chosen PAT?…or from 4pm?…or from midnight?

When we traveled to🌺Hawaii last summer (with their restrictions still in place)…their Covid testing timeframe was lined up with our Hawaiian🌋flight departure time 🛫 …so, we tested NO earlier than 11am on a Saturday for a flight that was taking us to Hawaii on a Monday @10:45am
The wording in my email says 2 days, not 48 hrs. We sail on a Saturday and I plan on getting tested on a Thursday.

We just ordered the 6 pack Antigen Tests from emed. They are $150 for 6 or $25/test plus shipping and tax. Total price was $185.41. Just got off the phone with my TA and she said they are super easy to use.
I'm looking at their website and one thing I find confusing is that there seems to be a test you buy off their special App (Navica) and then a different one you can buy through the website.... but looks like either one will work for travel, I think... which did you get?

So I guess I don't understand how an online "proctored" test works. I know you sign on to the Inspire website and they watch you take the test. But how do they know the results? Do you just hold it up and show them. And then do they send you the results? Or automatically upload it to your Safe Passages account? I know I have to order the tests ahead of time. Sorry for all the questions but this is my first cruise. I am happy about this change because I really wasn't looking forward to testing at the Port and potentially testing positive. Much rather know before I even leave home. We are on the June 11 sailing on the Fantasy. 🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊

I'm looking at their website and one thing I find confusing is that there seems to be a test you buy off their special App (Navica) and then a different one you can buy through the website.... but looks like either one will work for travel, I think... which did you get?
I bought the six pack they offered for $150 directly off the website. There are 6 of us so the pack was perfect for us. We can then each test on the Thursday before the cruise at our own convenience.

I emailed Inspire Diagnostics just to see if my fit to fly test in the UK that I would use for entry into the US would count (otherwise I might try at the airport when I land if not the Port test), this won't be of interest to most of you BUT they said they are due to give more information on May 23rd so maybe some of the senarios might be explained a bit better. :confused3

This is their email:

"We have been made aware of the recent update in pre-sail testing requirements for sailings June 7th and after. We will have more information for you on May 23rd. You can also go to the Disney Know Before you Go page for more updates.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/ "

I emailed Inspire Diagnostics just to see if my fit to fly test in the UK that I would use for entry into the US would count (otherwise I might try at the airport when I land if not the Port test), this won't be of interest to most of you BUT they said they are due to give more information on May 23rd so maybe some of the senarios might be explained a bit better. :confused3

This is their email:

"We have been made aware of the recent update in pre-sail testing requirements for sailings June 7th and after. We will have more information for you on May 23rd. You can also go to the Disney Know Before you Go page for more updates.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/ "
I received the same email in response to my question about timing for testing. Hopefully May 23 everything will be clearer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter