Knott´s or San Diego zoo on Sunday?

PrincessDenisse

Earning My Ears
Hello! I´ll be in California in less than two weeks for a second time, travelling from far away Ecuador :)
I´ll be enjoying Disneyland parks and also my hubby wants to experience the Knott´s Berry Farm and Medieval Times show and San Diego zoo.
We have to choose between : one day - Knott´s Berry Farm and Medieval times, other day- San Diego Zoo. We need to do one of those itineraries on Sunday and i don´t know which one it´s crowder or recommended. Also, not sure if doing San Diego Safari instead of regular zoo. We are not zoo lovers, but we want do something different in this visit.
Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions, also about how to plan our day at Knott´s, as this will be our first time there.

Depends on if you are looking for a day of excitement or a day to learn new things.

If you like thrills and excitement, go to Knott's Berry Farm. It's a lot of fun and different from Disney parks. They have rides for all ages, games, and shows. Plus you will be able to stay in Anaheim since it's only a few miles away.

If you'd rather try going to a zoo, I actually recommend the Safari Park over the San Diego Zoo. The Safari Park has really changed in the last few years, and now offers many exciting Safari Adventures you can add on to your park ticket. They have an area to feed the Lorikeets, a walk-through lemur exhibit, and a tram that goes around the larger exhibits. You can take a caravan out into the African savanna exhibits, where you will get to feed and take photos with giraffes and rhinos. I did that 2 years ago and I highly recommend it.
There's also a behind the scenes tour where you will get to see animals that are off-exhibit. I chose the safari where we fed Okapis and met the Elephants and it was a lot of fun. There's a zip-line that flies you over the large exhibits, and it's a nice long ride. I have done that adventure too and it was great.

If you choose the Safari Park, make your reservations for the safari adventures as far in advance as possible. They fill up fast and you may not get to enjoy the adventure that you want most if you wait until day of.
Hopefully that helps you decide!

We did the Safari Park and it was the trip of a lifetime! However, based on the cost, for us it was a once in a lifetime experience. We didn't think it would be that much fun unless you upgrade your ticket for a fairly significant cost. The zoo is also a lot of fun, but much more budget friendly. You cannot go wrong with either!

How are you getting to San Diego and on what day would you do it if not Sunday? Knotts is a lot closer and traffic matters a lot less.

Hello! Thank you for the responses. We visited the zoo on Sunday and it was great. We used gray Line and it worked very well for us , arriveD at the zoo at 10:30 and left at 6:10 pm. We went to Knotts on Monday (using Metro LA 460) and it was a great experience as well. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter