• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kitchenaid Mixer

Immadismom

DIS Veteran
DH has ordered me a pretty red mixer for an early Christmas gift. He wants me to have it for my holiday baking.

Tell me what you use yours for. I know he also got the ice cream maker attachment. Yay!:cheer2:

I have two. One white artisan and one siIver (big one). The bowI Iifts up and down. These are heavy and since I don't have room to keep it out I end up using my hand heId kitchenaid. I IOVE them both. You are Iucky to have ice cream attachment.

I use mine mainly for baking bread. So much easier then kneading by hand. I would love to have the pasta attachment for mine. I have the grinder, which I use fairly often, mostly for ham.

I'm really looking forward to not having to use my hand mixer. I have tendinitis fAirly bad in my right arm, and it aches so much every time I have to use the hand mixer. I used it tonight to mash some roasted sweet potatoes & am in a lot of pain.

I love my Kitchenaide Mixer. I would love the pasta attachment but until then I use it to mix the dough then use my hand pasta machine.
It's great for making my bread dough. When making cakes and other goodies I love being able to just add the ingredients without having to stop all the time.

I use it for baking, icing, cookies, bread, pizza dough. Lots of uses. One of my favorites is to the paddle to shred meat.

I have the pasta roller attachment and use that for making fresh sheets of pasta for spaghetti, lasagna, ravioli, perogies, and wontons.

We also have the shredder attachment. I am not in love with it but DH is.

Whipped mashed potatoes.

Besides the normal baking and bread dough, several "unconventional" things we use our Pro 600 for is mixing meatloaf, the aforementioned mashed potatoes and shredding cooked chicken/pork for enchiladas and pulled pork (use the paddle blade on low, it shreds in no time at all).

Have fun with your new toy!

I mostly use mine for cookie dough................have had it for about 20 years.
I do have several attachments but never use them

I use mine for everything, baking, mashing potatoes, mixing the ingridients for meatloaf and meatballs Just about everything that needs to be mixed. i do have three bowls for it 2 came with it and I bought another one this is very helpful with baking when you need to mix different kind of dough and it is good at thanks giving to mash the potatos and the turnips

In addition to the uses already mentioned, I use mine for shredding cooked meat. Just a few seconds with the paddle attachments gives me perfect pulled pork or shredded chicken. I also use it to mix together the ingredients for cheese balls and Bisquick sausage balls--it sure beats mixing that stuff together by hand!

I use the ice cream attachment in the Summer. I make mashed potatoes with it the most. I also use the dough hook for cookies.

I have the one that my mother used when I was younger. She gave me the sausage attachment which she used once 30 years ago and I have never used. I keep it out on the counter, so it gets used a lot, but I do have to clean the bowl each time before I used it because it collects crumbs and dust. I bought a second bowl and it's been very convenient to be able to just set a bowl aside with batter and make something else instead of having to transfer to a clean bowl and then clean the mixer bowl. Unfortunately I have the older model and the ice cream bowl can't be used. But I use the whisk for whipped cream and egg whites, the dough hook about half the time I bake bread and a few times for pastry, and I mostly use the paddle attachment. I used to use the whisk for cakes and cookies, but I've been converted to the paddle. My advice is don't go overboard on the accessories at first until you know how often you're going to use the mixer.

I use mine (white classic) for all baking (cake batter, brownies, cookies, bread, muffins), mashed potatoes, meatloaf and meatballs, Buckeyes. Anything that needs mixed. Today I need to make a chocolate dream pie and I'll use it to whip the topping mix.

Best accessory to buy is the cover! I leave mine on the counter but it is always covered so no crumbs in the bowl.

Also buy an additional bowl if it doesn't come with two. You'll find that it very helpful.

Tell me what you use yours for.

We have, I believe, the Professional 600™ 6 quart mixer. In red. I know it's a lift (not tilt). Pretty sure it's the 6 quart.

We use it basically for everything you would mix (but not by hand). So, cookies batter, brownie batter, cake batter, whipped cream, icing, etc.

Never used an attachment.

I use mine all the time and need to replace it because the motor is starting to leak oil and whine. But I used it mainly to for meatloaf, mashed potatoes, sausage balls, cookie dough, bread dough, cake batter, icing, whipped cream, and pie filling.

I've also got the pasta, meat grinder, and ice cream attachments for mine but the only one that we ever use is the ice cream. We made tons of fresh fruit ice cream this past summer.

I don't have any attachments. Sometimes I think we should get some, but I don't want them to sit there mostly unused. I do have an extra bowl and that comes in really handy. Our hand held mixer died about the time we bought it and we never replaced it. We have never missed it. We leave the kitchenaid on the counter and use it whenever we would have used a hand mixer. I love it for cookies, bread and pizza dough.

I have had mine for a long time, and I don't use it very much anymore. But I found it excellent for making pound cake, whipping egg whites for meringue topping (like lemon meringue pie), whipping cream and making pudding.

TP

Those that have the pasta attachment, how easy is it to use? I think I want it for Christmas, I just wish it made others besides spaghetti. I'd love a cavatelli attachment.

I have the pasta attachment. It came with several different noodle cutouts. I have the lasagna press too. I haven't found a great recipe or I just fail making lasagna- because mine always has breaks. I am probably not letting it set or not using enough of something. I really enjoyed making fresh pasta especially penne style.
Easy to do but can be a pain cleaning out the cutouts.

Love, love, love mine. I use it everyday for every baking/cooking purpose. Cookies, brownies, muffins, cakes, pies, meatloaf, whipped cream, meatballs, cream cheese dips, etc. Everything!!! I have not used a hand mixer in 20 plus years!!

If a recipe calls for "cutting in" shortening or butter into flour/sugar I use the mixer and it always comes out great. I don't own a "cutter".

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter