Kitchen Sink!

IMgoin2WDW!

Earning My Ears
Anyone eaten the Kitchen Sink Ice Cream yet?? I have seen pictures and the travel channel show about it...I want to try it!!:woohoo:

is this the one at Beaches & Cream? We did that one - it was delicious and huge. My kids and I shared it.

We ate one during our 2005 trip. It was HUGE!!!! We made the mistake of eating supper first. Never again as we could not finish it. If you go, make that your meal....

:goodvibes

Anyone eaten the Kitchen Sink Ice Cream yet?? I have seen pictures and the travel channel show about it...I want to try it!!:woohoo:
Several times. There've been two of us, three of us, and one time four of us, two couples both celebrating an anniversary:
PICT0074.jpg

We couldn't finish it any of the times, but the experience is so much fun!

I cannot even imagine how big it is! Their regular sundaes are HUGE easily enough for 2 people.

The lone voice of dissention re: Kitchen Sink...

Definitely I think everyone should try it. But with eight scoops of ice cream and every single topping put on by my kids behind the counter thanks to a sweet CM, it was a gooey sticky mess within minutes of serving.:scared1: I am foodie and ice cream and I are on a first-name basis, but after three bites, I was done!!!

They do take those pics for you, too. I loved the experience and so did the kids. Just was not my thing!!

Ah, the Kitchen Sink. I tried to eat one by myself for a bet. Let's just say it...didn't go very well.:rotfl: Very good though.

I've always wanted to take my family over there to try this, but they always balk because I told them that there is coffee IC in it. Do you have to get it exactly the way they normally do it, or can another flavor be substituted in it's place?:confused3

when we were there, they put in the flavors of both ice cream and toppings we requested.

We will have to try to Kitchen Sink challenge next time we are there. Does anyone remember the Super Bowl sundae at ESPN?

you can substitute flavors...we did that with the coffee ice cream and the kids.

I'm embarassed to say but our family of 4 polished it off. It was pretty, pretty good and tons of fun.

It really isn't all that expensive when you start looking to buy a sundae for each person in a four person party..it was the same if not cheaper if I remember correctly.

Here is our kitchen sink when we first got it:

day408.jpg

Here's the four of us before we dug into it:

day409.jpg

And this is what we left:

day411.jpg

I definitely think everyone should try it at least once! We loved it and it was really good....but so bad for you haha. We have 6 people going in January, so maybe we will try it again and maybe we can do a better job on it with 6 instead of 4. If you decide to try it, make sure you wait a long time after you eat lunch so everyone has a lot of room in their stomachs!

Where do I find this awesome thing:banana:

You can find it at Beaches N Cream soda shop at the Beach Club resort. It is a very small space so try and go during off lunch and dinner hours or you might be waiting a while for a table. They do not accept ADRs.

4 of us did itin May, It's good. tooooo much candy in it for me, would like more Ice Cream.

When we orderd it they brought it out with the lights flashing, turned them down low and then made a big announcement about how these littlle piggys were going to try and eat the kitchen sink. It was great, but it does need more ice cream and less syrup.... We had 6 in our party and dustted it off!!!
ENJOY!!

We had it on our last visit about a month ago. $21.99 for four people is a pretty good deal, I think. You would spend more than than for 4 at Cold Stone or Ben & Jerry's. It is all about the experience and was fun. I'm glad we did, but I don't think I would do it again. I would rather a single hot fudge sundae. And, I wish I had known there would be so much peanut butter sauce in the bottom - I'm not a big fan of peanut butter and I would have told them to hold it. :p

We did at our April vacation. It is actually a cute story. We went with 3 kids, ages 2, 8, 13 and had told them we were getting a surprise. Then as we are sitting in the restarant the older ones kept saying that food was not a surprise. Well, here are their faces when it came out....They were very surprised!!!
IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

And after. Even with all of us eating (dh and I also) and we didn't even have lunch (we told the kids this was their lunch...hahaha....we are the coolest parents, LOL!!!) we could not finish it.

IMG_2884.jpg

Hi! Here's a video of our Kitchen Sink from last December...

The Kitchen Sink

It's huge! We had it for dinner on our last night in WDW. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter