Kitchen Sink Question ???

:scratchin Well this might need to be said... while I'm sure they'll be fine some alterations, just maybe it'd be wise to keep in mind that at a certain point it stops being what's on the menu and they'd be within their rights to add an upcharge for things or say "enough is enough" when all of a sudden you've created your own dish.

My family eats it so fast it barely gets a chance to melt! We always customize. 2 of us love mint ice cream but it ruins the sundae so we learned not to get it. Also, we don't care for coffee ice cream. You can make any changes you want.

We are a family of 5, 2 early 20's boys and a teen girl. We love getting the kitchen sink and none goes to waste.

We have 4 people and have no problem finishing it nor does it have a chance to melt. The secret is NOT to eat a meal first - the kitchen sink is the meal!

Just a tip for not having to wait forever at B&C - go right at opening and avoid later at night, around when Illuminations is letting out :thumbsup2

I was going to mention, I don't think it matters what time of the year it is, certain times of the day there will always be a long wait. When we've gone it's usually anywhere between 2:30-4:30 (kind of like that off-peak lunch time) and the waits were minimal although we sit at the counter a lot.

The kitchen sink is great for a group or family who aren't "too" picky about what kind of ice cream they want and what they want on it and it is a novelty! Although you can omit some things, (my dd would only want chocolate ice cream and fudge, so it would never work for us, LOL!):goodvibes

But, if you look at their menu you will see most of their sundaes, etc are in the $6.50-$8.50 range so it really is a good deal if you're a family/group of 4 or more.:thumbsup2

A great tip I got from my aunt (Disney lover!) is to order WITHOUT the whipped cream, by the time you get past it, the ice cream's started to melt.

:)

Yikes! If 5 of you couldn't finish it I'm going to be ashamed to admit it when four of us do!!! ;)
:lmao:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

WE did it with 4 people:
2 adult girls 38 and 39
1 adult male
1 16 yo male
WE subbed out coffee ice cream for extra choc mint chip scoop which us girls got before male species could even think about it.
The guys ate everything except what us girls stole from sink. they went as far as using straws to suck up "juice". The poor kid was on sugar high so bad he was shaking and couldn't text for like an hour.

I agree with one of the PPs .... we left out the coffee ice cream also -- be aware that you can't eat it fast enough before it all starts to melt togeter a little .... so unless you want that flavor in with the others ....

I also have an allergy to tree nuts. Just tell them ahead of time ... they will remove anything with nuts.

See all the colored bowls down on the left side of the "sink"? They give you a bunch.

FYI - a couple of us don't care for whipped cream either ... not a problem ... they put the entire can on the side for you to use as you see fit.
:laughing:

B&C Stools by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

xBc by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

B&C KS1 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

B&C sundaes by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Can't remember where I saw it but Supposedly you can also get the kitchen sink deconstructed for those who don't want the stuff to mix and mush together and supposedly they really will change anything for you, So it's worth asking them.

We are planning on doing this in June, we are a party of 4 adults and two young kids so hopefully we will do ok. We will prob try and change the coffee Icecream and also take out any nuts as im allergic but hopefully they can put those on the side for the rest of the party. It does look amazing though :goodvibes.

Oh My! That looks so good but I'm sure my family wouldn't be able to finish it. Might have to give it a try.

A Kitchen Sink is always a must-do for our family. We substitute a scoop of vanilla for the coffee scoop. It is the funnest (I know, it's not really a word) dessert at WDW. In the past five years, we have yet to finish one entirely but I'm sure that will change this summer as our son is now a bottomless pit at the age of 12. ;) If you don't want something on it, just ask. It's not like they are pre-made.

Have fun, OP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter