Kitchen Sink @ Beaches & Cream

We did it a few years ago. It was great for the novelty but tastewise it was bluuughhhh. Its just a mushy slushy mixture, the whipped cream turns to liquid in no time.
We much prefer to share a normal sundae, they are big enough for 2. Or even better go for a Dole Whip.:goodvibes

Looks good when arrives but soon turns to this:

Love Dole Whips but did discover something on our last holiday, 2 dolewhips in less than 2 hours is not god for you:rotfl2:. We got to MK before my brothers family and just couldn't wait so went and got one. They turn up an hour later and we had told them about the dw so we went and got another, not telling that we had already had one. Actually thought I was going to be sick on Thunder Mountain afterwards.

Can you get them anywhere other than MK because we are not doing Disney parks this year?

I think I need to meet you at Captain Cooks again - l'll buy the dole whips if you make them :goodvibes
Will have to see what our plans are in July:thumbsup2

How cute does Matt look in that first picture :yay:

Quite upset that Captain Cooks will be closed when we are there in May but hopefully they will be doing Dole Whips wherever they relocate the restaurant.

He was cute when he was younger, this is one of the earliest I have uploaded to Photobucket:rotfl2:

However, I suspect we won't be able to have them as my DD1 suffered with a milk allergy/intolerance until about 18 months ago (outgrew thank goodness). She still can't have a lot of cow's milk and for some reason, can't have 'soft whip' ice cream - makes her quite ill :sick:. She can have 'hard scoop' ice cream (lord knows what the difference is, but someone told me it's to do with the pasteurisation?), so we'll definitely be visiting B&C but perhaps for an, ahem, smaller sundae :goodvibes.
:cheer2:

I believe that the Dole Whip fruit flavoured ones are gluten free, have no diary products in them. Best check but I think that's correct. The pineapple one does remind me of a sorbet crossed with an ice cream. Oh how I fancy one right now:goodvibes

My Son was so young there, now he is 19 and 6`3":rotfl:

Me making my Dole Whip

Dole Float, I prefer to make my own Dole Whip at the Poly, 3 times the size they make them.:goodvibes

The best:thumbsup2

I eat way too many Dole Whips

I believe that the Dole Whip fruit flavoured ones are gluten free, have no diary products in them. Best check but I think that's correct. The pineapple one does remind me of a sorbet crossed with an ice cream. Oh how I fancy one right now:goodvibes

Ooh thank you Vanda - I will ask if we come across them :thumbsup2. I wouldn't buy them unless she could have one too :grouphug:.

Dole Whips or Dole floats are at MK.

Dole Whip self serve at the Poly.

Only places you can get them at WDW.

You can make your own dole whips? After 10 trips how did I not know this! I do actually prefer the dole floats so maybe I will just take some pinapple juice along, although it might get messy:rotfl:

If we wanted to go to B&C without making an ADR can we still sit on the high stools at the counter? BTW we had the Kitchen Sink a few years ago and loved the experience. I think it's a one off must do :-)

Slightly OT - but has anyone seen or had an 'American Dream' slushie before in Epcot? I saw a photo the other night and it's gone on my firm fave list! :cheer2:

I had to just look into that. Looks delicious but talk about brain freeze :headache:

How cute does Matt look, so young and innocent!

We were there on Monday and walked up at about 12:30 and got a table straight away (we may have just been lucky!)

We knew about the whipped cream mush so scooped as much off as we could into a spare bowl and added it to our individual bowls when we wanted it.

We barely made a dent in it - which was very tough for a family that doesn't waste food! - but seeing our boy's reaction was worth every cent (and pang of waste anxiety!)

We gave the kitchen sink a bash back in September. 3 adults and we defeated the whole thing in 30 mins.....but felt quite ill afterwards lol!

why did i not eat the kitchen sink or even a dole whip !!

i did have a coke float but now i need a dole whip !!

In December we had the self serve Dole whip from the Poly and both DH and I sat there like a couple of loons holding our heads as we both got brain freeze because we made them SOO big! DH is way better at doing them as when I do the self serve I always have a hollow middle! Can't wait to go back and sit outside with a dole whip and a view of the Castle in the background.:goodvibes:cool2:

This is the MK Dole Whip Float; had my 1st one last year Thanks to the DIS- can't believe missed them before.:thumbsup2 Wayne's looks better though :rotfl2:

We did this years ago when we had three teenagers, two of them boys. So there was not a drop left!
Disclaimer: we did not eat dinner first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter