Kingdom Camera Rentals?

hokie98

Mouseketeer
Just curious if anyone has used them, and how you felt about their service/equipment. I saw an ad on a Disney photog blog, and am considering renting a wide angle lens (Nikon 10-24mm or 12-24mm). Their pricing is pretty similar to LensRentals.com, and while Kingdom has free delivery to the resorts, it may be hard to pinpoint an exact time to meet them. Again, just looking for some feedback.

BTW, shooting a D90, and no, I'd rather rent than buy the lens. If I love it, then maybe I'll buy one later.

hokie98 said:
Just curious if anyone has used them, and how you felt about their service/equipment. I saw an ad on a Disney photog blog, and am considering renting a wide angle lens (Nikon 10-24mm or 12-24mm). Their pricing is pretty similar to LensRentals.com, and while Kingdom has free delivery to the resorts, it may be hard to pinpoint an exact time to meet them. Again, just looking for some feedback.

BTW, shooting a D90, and no, I'd rather rent than buy the lens. If I love it, then maybe I'll buy one later.

I am on the way home from two weeks at Disney. I chose to rent lenses from Kingdom Camera Rentals for the vacation. I rented two lenses a Nikon 18-300 tele, a Nikon 10.5 fisheye and a Lowenpro bag. They were delivered to my resort at 7:30 am on the first day and picked up at the resort this morning at 7:30. (That sure beat driving about 45 minutes each to get to LensRentals office). Lenise is very easy to work with. The equipment is very high quality. I checked with other rental companies but decided to rent from KINGDOM after spending some time on their website and their Disney Photo Blog and speaking with Lenise. I highly recommend this company. My shot count was approx 4000. Got a lot of editing to do when I get home

BTW I have added the 18-300 to my list of things to buy in the future. It is a bit heavy but NOT bad enough to leave home. I carried it mounted most of the time while at Disney. If you are going to take any flash pix, you may want to consider using an external flash instead of the built in flash. The size of the 18-300 is so large that the built in flash causes shadows in close pix.

Once again-----Great lenses and great company and people. Recommended.

I am on the way home from two weeks at Disney. I chose to rent lenses from Kingdom Camera Rentals for the vacation. I rented two lenses a Nikon 18-300 tele, a Nikon 10.5 fisheye and a Lowenpro bag. They were delivered to my resort at 7:30 am on the first day and picked up at the resort this morning at 7:30. (That sure beat driving about 45 minutes each to get to LensRentals office). Lenise is very easy to work with. The equipment is very high quality. I checked with other rental companies but decided to rent from KINGDOM after spending some time on their website and their Disney Photo Blog and speaking with Lenise. I highly recommend this company. My shot count was approx 4000. Got a lot of editing to do when I get home

BTW I have added the 18-300 to my list of things to buy in the future. It is a bit heavy but NOT bad enough to leave home. I carried it mounted most of the time while at Disney. If you are going to take any flash pix, you may want to consider using an external flash instead of the built in flash. The size of the 18-300 is so large that the built in flash causes shadows in close pix.

Once again-----Great lenses and great company and people. Recommended.

Thanks Rhinohunter! That's exactly the info I was looking to receive! I sent an email inquiring through their website late Friday, but haven't heard back yet. If I don't hear something by later tomorrow, I'll try calling. I've looked at the other online rental companies, and their prices are very reasonable (actually, the best I've found), and the pickup/dropoff sounds alot simpler to me than trying to arrange to have a lens shipped to/from the resort (esp since were coming/going over the weekend), or paying for extra days to have it shipping to/from our home.

Glad to hear you had a great experience, and thanks for the review of the 18-300! I may have to check that out ;-). Have fun editing those 4000 shots!

I didn't know this service was possible. where do you go to see what they have for rental?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I didn't know this service was possible. where do you go to see what they have for rental?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
I can't post the link, but if you google "Kingdom Camera Rentals", the website will pop up. There is also a link via the Disney Photography Blog.

There are alot of other internet-based rental companies, but this is the only one that I know of that caters specifically to WDW guests. I believe they are a fairly new company.

I can't post the link, but if you google "Kingdom Camera Rentals", the website will pop up. There is also a link via the Disney Photography Blog.

There are alot of other internet-based rental companies, but this is the only one that I know of that caters specifically to WDW guests. I believe they are a fairly new company.

There's a 20% discount code for them over at Disney Photography Blog......

I rented from Kingdom Camera Rentals last weekend. I had pre ordered two lenses to rent for our weekend and first time for MNSSHP. (I rented the 17-55 f/2.8 and the 10-22mm ultra wide angel lens) They were very accommodating as far as delivery and pick up times. Unfortunately, my personal Canon T3i died on the first night ...of course it was at MNSSHP! I literally cried! (Kept getting an error 40 msg.) First thing next morning I called Kingdom Camera rental and asked to rent a canon body. They went out of their way to help me out! I can not speak highly enough of the great customer service I received from this company! Next time we visit the area I will definitely use Kingdom Camera Rental again! I also felt like I need to purchase the lens I borrowed because I really loved them!

PS. My camera has been repaired and is on its way back to me!

I rented from Kingdom Camera Rentals last weekend. I had pre ordered two lenses to rent for our weekend and first time for MNSSHP. (I rented the 17-55 f/2.8 and the 10-22mm ultra wide angel lens) They were very accommodating as far as delivery and pick up times. Unfortunately, my personal Canon T3i died on the first night ...of course it was at MNSSHP! I literally cried! (Kept getting an error 40 msg.) First thing next morning I called Kingdom Camera rental and asked to rent a canon body. They went out of their way to help me out! I can not speak highly enough of the great customer service I received from this company! Next time we visit the area I will definitely use Kingdom Camera Rental again! I also felt like I need to purchase the lens I borrowed because I really loved them!

Oh no, that is terrible! I was wondering where you were standing at the party that night as I knew you were also going to be there. Although the rain during the fireworks didn't help. That explains why you didn't post pics - I was going to be cheeky and ask you :rotfl:

Did you get good use of the rental camera with the lenses for the rest of your trip?

Oh my this is amazing! I was looking to rent a lens from home and it was super expensive!!! This is really cheap!

So, if I purchase that waiver and break the lens then I would only be responsible for 15% of the lens whereas if I break it without damage liability I am responsible for 100% of the MSRP?

Oh no, that is terrible! I was wondering where you were standing at the party that night as I knew you were also going to be there. Although the rain during the fireworks didn't help. That explains why you didn't post pics - I was going to be cheeky and ask you :rotfl:

Did you get good use of the rental camera with the lenses for the rest of your trip?

I stood in the middle of Main St USA and took pictures begrudgingly with my iphone 4s.:sad1: I did get good use of the lenses with the body I rented for the rest of my trip. My DH felt so bad that he actually stood with me and helped move my tripod and readjust it etc just so I could take pics for a few hours on our last day. I now understand why people travel with multiple camera bodies;) Did you get any good shots that night?

I hope you got some shots you liked once the new body arrived. I've filed that name away in case I ever have a camera emergency at Disney. I actually had one at Disneyland 5 years ago so I do know the feeling. My DSLR just up and died about half way through. I really was devastated, even though I had a point and shoot along as back-up.

I hope you got some shots you liked once the new body arrived. I've filed that name away in case I ever have a camera emergency at Disney. I actually had one at Disneyland 5 years ago so I do know the feeling. My DSLR just up and died about half way through. I really was devastated, even though I had a point and shoot along as back-up.

Thanks, yes..it was a terrible feeling. We also had a point and shoot with us but had left it in the room that night:rolleyes2 It was such a lifesaver to be able to rent that camera body and like I said they went out of their way to help me out. I highly recommend Kingdom Camera Rentals. I did get some nice shots, but like they say "practice makes perfect" so I guess another trip may be in the cards! :thumbsup2

I stood in the middle of Main St USA and took pictures begrudgingly with my iphone 4s.:sad1: I did get good use of the lenses with the body I rented for the rest of my trip. My DH felt so bad that he actually stood with me and helped move my tripod and readjust it etc just so I could take pics for a few hours on our last day. I now understand why people travel with multiple camera bodies;) Did you get any good shots that night?

You must have been standing in front of me (doubt you were behind me because I was walking to the Hub and actually went back down Main St to get a different view). I posted the few that weren't totally ruined by rain spots (oh and my corded remote shutter release just stopped working after the first click!) - I just added them to the same thread I originally posted on called something like "Fireworks, thanks for your help" :goodvibes

Oh my this is amazing! I was looking to rent a lens from home and it was super expensive!!! This is really cheap!

So, if I purchase that waiver and break the lens then I would only be responsible for 15% of the lens whereas if I break it without damage liability I am responsible for 100% of the MSRP?

I haven't read their fine print, but the way other rental companies work, if you were to break/damage the lens, without the waiver/insurance, you're responsible for the full amount to REPAIR the lens (or I guess the full MSRP if it's beyond repair), whereas the waiver sort of acts like a deductible.

Oh no! I think I would have cried too! Actually, I know I would have! But I'm really glad you were able to rent a body in the meanwhile. Thanks for the positive review. I still haven't heard back from them - sounds like I need to give them a call today!

I haven't read their fine print, but the way other rental companies work, if you were to break/damage the lens, without the waiver/insurance, you're responsible for the full amount to REPAIR the lens (or I guess the full MSRP if it's beyond repair), whereas the waiver sort of acts like a deductible.

Oh no! I think I would have cried too! Actually, I know I would have! But I'm really glad you were able to rent a body in the meanwhile. Thanks for the positive review. I still haven't heard back from them - sounds like I need to give them a call today!

Hi Hokie98. We saw your posts about not receiving a reply from us so we searched thru all our emails- spam and all...and we don't have any unanswered emails. We even responded via email a second time to someone... just in case that was you, but that person replied right away. We typically return emails and phone calls the same day, so please give us a call or email us thru Disboards and we'll answer any questions you have right away. :))

We appreciate all the nice comments and feedback everyone left us! :))

KingdomGirl - Thanks for the response. I filled out the contact form via your website Friday about 5pm EST, but maybe there was a glitch and it never processed completely? At any rate, I have gotten busy and haven't reach out. I will send you an email shortly! ;-)

That stinks to lose the DSLR in Disney World. That's happened to me twice this year, though once was my fault for not having either of my two backup batteries properly charged on the first day in town. I have a video camera that can shoot reasonable still pictures in good lighting, so that got me through these instances, though I just bought a better point and shoot to have as another backup.

Staying on topic, I'm glad to read people talking about this. I heard from Scott Thomas, from All Ears, about using lens rental places and am eager to try out Kingdom Camera on my next Disney World trip. There are some lens that I'd love to have, but can't justify $1,500+ for one of my own right now, but I'm eager to use them for at least a few days, particularly on some of the dark rides.

OP here...I'm excited to be renting a Nikon 10-24mm while we are in WDW in a couple of weeks from Kingdom Camera Rentals. I've never had much use for a wide angle lens, but am looking forward to play around with it. The rates offered by KCR are excellent, and if you use the 20% off code on the Disney Photography Blog, it's unbeatable, really. Not to mention they deliver/pick-up 7 days a week, which means you don't have to pay for extra days, as you would if you were to be receiving the lens via UPS or FedEx. So for less than $40, I get to use a $850 lens for 6 days. Not too bad. I'll let you know how it goes!

Just wanted to report that I'm back from WDW and rented a Nikon 10-24mm lens from Kingdom Camera Rentals. The lens was great, and so was Lenise, the owner! I had arrange a 7:30am drop off at my resort, which went off without a hitch. I got a call reminding me of it the day before, and a text message from her when she was in the lobby of my resort. With the lens, I received a protective bag, hood, UV filter & lens cap. The lens was in fantastic shape, and I enjoyed it immensely all week. Pick-up was a breeze (well, except I forgot the lens cap, and she graciously walked back to my room with me to retrieve it). I'd definitely rent from them again, and would highly recommend them to anyone else traveling to Disney and/or Universal! It was much more affordable and much less hassle (i.e. shipping) than renting from an online company.

I used Kingdom Camera Rentals for my recent trip to DisneyWorld. Ron and Ian were extremely helpful and friendly. They answered all our questions before we made our equipment reservations and made sure we were comfortable with the camera and lenses upon delivery. They were so easy to work with and gave us wonderful customer service. They even brought us little goodie bags for the airplane when they met us to pick up the equipment! I definitely recommend them and will be using them again in the future! A+++ service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter