King Charles has cancer

Well, there’s totally discounting him actually needing a prostate procedure & going right into a cover for exploratory surgery…. :sad2:

It is totally possible something was found during or in preparation for a prostate surgery. Any of the routine pre op tests could have shown another issue. That’s why they’re done. To show you’re healthy enough for surgery & find out anything that could prevent a successful outcome. Routine things like a chest X-ray, a pelvic or lower abdominal scan or blood work could have shown the first clue of a problem. Or something could have been found in the area during the surgery itself.

Well, there’s totally discounting him actually needing a prostate procedure & going right into a cover for exploratory surgery…. :sad2:

It is totally possible something was found during or in preparation for a prostate surgery. Any of the routine pre op tests could have shown another issue. That’s why they’re done. To show you’re healthy enough for surgery & find out anything that could prevent a successful outcome. Routine things like a chest X-ray, a pelvic or lower abdominal scan or blood work could have shown the first clue of a problem. Or something could have been found in the area during the surgery itself.
Absolutely. None of us knows. I just don't personally doubt that they would be "creative" in how they parse out the information.

I'm not going to dig too deep, but I thiink that melanoma is a stong possibility. He is very famously an avid country walker and has been for most of his life, covering many miles in a typical week.

Lots of UK residents take for granted that their often-overcast weather protects them from sun damage, but it's not true; damaging UV light comes through cloud cover, and a person who habitually spends many hours each week walking in the open without sun protection is at risk. (Also, Charles served sea duty in the Navy.)

Wow, I assumed that they found prostate cancer when they thought they were working on a benign problem. I'm trying to think what kind of cancer they could have stumbled upon while doing the prostate procedure.

When I went in for my preliminary cancer testing, they did a ton of bloodwork, EKGs, and various X-Rays to see if there was anything else suspicious. So, even if my mole had been benign, it's possible the other test results could have signaled a problem. I suspect that's what happened with him.

Wow, I assumed that they found prostate cancer when they thought they were working on a benign problem. I'm trying to think what kind of cancer they could have stumbled upon while doing the prostate procedure.
A Cancer Doctor on the radio......... who made it clear he had no inside information........said it is not uncommon to suspect a prostate problem and find bladder cancer. If that turns out to be correct, he added, that there is a 90% chance of a full recovery after treatment.

Your point is well-taken. I guess I'm kinda stretching and trying to think in the context of how they'd treat a king. You or me would get the routine blood work, maybe an ultrasound. I'm guessing with a king the medical team would be more proactive -- really get in there if they had any inkling something could be wrong.

All just speculation, of course. We're probably all a little stunned by the news.

I hope he has a speedy recovery from whatever cancer he has been diagnosed with, all of the different kinds stink, so it doesn’t need to be revealed further in my opinion. He at least is in the position to get the best care in the world. I too hope he gets more time as king so his son can have more time with his kids before taking the throne. Watching a loved one wither away under chemo is just awful.

A Cancer Doctor on the radio......... who made it clear he had no inside information........said it is not uncommon to suspect a prostate problem and find bladder cancer. If that turns out to be correct, he added, that there is a 90% chance of a full recovery after treatment.

Thanks for that info. It really helps to understand things.

I went in for a lung scan and found out I had thyroid cancer. I can see where a test can overlap and show symptoms of other issues quite easily. I'd imagine something like that happened here.

:hug:

I went in this fall for an abdomen CT scan and while that all came out well; it did pick up a nodule on my left lung. I will be going for a closer view in a couple of weeks.

:hug:

I went in this fall for an abdomen CT scan and while that all came out well; it did pick up a nodule on my left lung. I will be going for a closer view in a couple of weeks.
I'm very thankful that the ct scan went up my neck as they were closing the test. The doctor reviewing the results noticed the issue and made note of it in his report. Who knows what might have happened if he hadn't found the issue.

Yeah, I saw a female Dr. on Sky news who said much the same. She said there are a lot of organs in that general area and they might have seen something anywhere, or any advance tests may have shown something off. Bladder, urethra, bowel, scrotum, etc. Any tissue taken during the procedure would have been biopsied as a matter of course, so who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter