King Charles has cancer

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
The Palace has announced that King Charles has been diagnosed with some sort of cancer. Initial word is that it's not related to the prostate issue he was treated for recently.

He will avoid public facing duties for now and is being treated.

Prayers for a full recovery.

Last edited:
Hopefully they caught it early and it won't be a huge deal. No one's ready for another funeral and another coronation so soon.

But... It's a reminder that he isn't a young man and his reign is never going to be long. His grandfather and mother had cancer (apparently Elizabeth had bone cancer before she died), so perhaps this was more likely. (Yes, I know the old king had lung cancer from smoking, but most drs. will still say there might be a predisposition to cancer there even so.)

I gasped. I'm not a royal follower, but still ....it's sad. I saw a pic from this weekend of him and he has aged SO much just since his coronation. I hope they caught it early 💔

Not a big fan of the whole Royals thing but it does seem cruel of fate to finally grant the crown and have such an significant upset so quickly. Hopefully the immediate family can mend itself, have some peace and get back to looking like a fairytale.

Harry is going to be travelling to the UK to see Charles. I hope it’s not serious and that he will survive. Wouldn’t that be something to see William become King in the near future..

The Palace has announced that King Charles has been diagnosed with some sort of cancer. Initial word is that it's not related to the prostate issue he was treated for recently.

He will avoid public facing duties for now and is being treated.

Prayers for a full recovery.
Wow, I assumed that they found prostate cancer when they thought they were working on a benign problem. I'm trying to think what kind of cancer they could have stumbled upon while doing the prostate procedure.

Wow, I assumed that they found prostate cancer when they thought they were working on a benign problem. I'm trying to think what kind of cancer they could have stumbled upon while doing the prostate procedure.
I'm skeptical of the whole story. I'm wondering if the enlarged prostate thing was just a cover story and they were doing detailed testing or even a biopsy of whatever this is.

I know it's none of our business, but I was wondering the same thing. I hope he will be alright. I wonder if they will ever make it public or if it will be kept private. For some reason, I feel like he would want to make it public eventually. He seems so loyal and grateful to his people that I feel like he would want to share it at some point down the line.

Buckingham Palace says it's NOT prostate cancer.

Right now, they are doing outpatient treatments on him, starting today, which is why they had to release the info on his cancer. They are trying to be pro-active on releasing the info before it is found out and leaked by others.

I'm skeptical of the whole story. I'm wondering if the enlarged prostate thing was just a cover story and they were doing detailed testing or even a biopsy of whatever this is.

Now, that I think could be possible.

Doctor: "We'll just tell the world that you are here for some simple, almost benign procedure while we run some tests for the real issue. If it turns out to be significant, we will deal with it then, when the time comes to have to tell the world. If it's nothing, no one will be the wiser."

Last edited:

Yeah...it very well may have been exploratory surgery.
It's just so sad.

It could have initially shown up in routine bloodwork done ahead of the surgery, and then a scan located the cancer. Or if it is skin cancer, they may have simply seen something suspect when prepping him for his procedure and done a biopsy. I don’t believe they would have made such a point of making sure everyone knows it’s NOT prostate cancer if that is what it actually is. There is too much risk of the truth coming out at some point.

Or, it’s a private matter and no one’s business until they decide to share it like every other family facing the same situation…
They send out a press release. It's the head of state. William will have to take over for certain tasks.

And there is one thing about royalty. At least with the British Royal Family, there is hardly such a thing as privacy.

Or, it’s a private matter and no one’s business until they decide to share it like every other family facing the same situation…
I don’t think anyone here has demanded more information. Just discussing what has been voluntarily provided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter