King Cakes are ugly---there. I said it.

It's Mardi Gras, people will be too drunk too notice.

They are festive and delicious :cool1:. Now I want one :guilty:. I like them much better than paczkis ;).

Have you viewed every one that is out there in order to form your opinion? If you are basing your thoughts on a small sampling then I'm sorry but you have no right to bash them. Once you've seen all of them then you can come back and state your opinion. :thumbsup2

images

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_cake

Please tell me that the green stuff on it isn't basil!!

Purple, green and gold are Mardi Gras colors.

Purple represents Justice, green represents Faith, & gold represents Power.

kingcake_colors.jpg

Laissez les bons temps rouler, ya'll!

Have you viewed every one that is out there in order to form your opinion? If you are basing your thoughts on a small sampling then I'm sorry but you have no right to bash them. Once you've seen all of them then you can come back and state your opinion. :thumbsup2

Oh no, don't let this turn into another day like yesterday with people discussing 'rights' all day long. I am too full of popcorn:: from watching yesterdays 'non debate-debate' to eat more today, :rolleyes1

They really aren't cake at all---but a sweet egg yeast bread, very similar to the easter bread that catholics eat on easter weekend. Maybe your hung up on the 'cake' part, thinking it should look all pretty like a regular cake?? Traditionally, the king cake/easter bread is glazed so it is always going to look kind of drippy and messy--however rather than sugar I sprinkle non-parels on mine, and they give it a cleaner look when I make my easter bread.

I have never heard of them, but I don't see them as cake. It looks more like a pastry. That is probably why the dough as he can not make them as cake. They probably are good. We don't have one here.

:thumbsup2

They really aren't cake at all---but a sweet egg yeast bread, very similar to the easter bread that catholics eat on easter weekend. Maybe your hung up on the 'cake' part, thinking it should look all pretty like a regular cake?? Traditionally, the king cake/easter bread is glazed so it is always going to look kind of drippy and messy--however rather than sugar I sprinkle non-parels on mine, and they give it a cleaner look when I make my easter bread.

Huh. I have been Catholic for all of my 34 years, 11 months, 1 day, and I have never heard of easter bread.

Learn something new each day!

We had a lady bring one in to work. It was called a "Three Kings Cake." It looked more like a pastry, but it was sooooo good. I didn't think it was ugly, but it certainly didn't look like a cake.

Some are ugly and some are gorgeous . Some are delicious and some are downright GROSS lol.

Stay calm and eat king cake wvjules : ) . :thumbsup2

Happy Mardi Gras ! Raining here today , so we are off to boil crawfish at a friend's house. Those are pretty ugly too , but ohhh so yummy !

I make Easter Bread , not Catholic ,but attended all girl Catholic school. It is very similar to King Cake I find.

PS we had Shrove Tuesday Pancakes for breakfast , they came out kinda ugly , tried to color them purple , green and gold , didn't work LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter