King beds at AoA - LM?

Mrs. Bradbury

It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!
I am going for a weekend trip soon and moved my reservation from my beloved Pop Century to an AoA LM room to experience the newest resort. :banana: Yesterday I called and got one of those CMs. :scared: I had two requests, neither of which are a big deal to me if I don't get: first was for a king bed room, and I was told all king rooms were HC; second was facing the lake, and she said none of the LM rooms faced the lake. :confused:

A quick look at an AoA map shows the person I was dealing is completely unfamiliar with AoA. I told her building 7 has lake-facing rooms and she said, "I'll just put request building 7," to which I replied, "No thank you, because I could get a room facing the pool." I finally asked her to please just put "request facing lake". :headache: So DISers, what about king rooms? Are there any AoA LM king rooms that aren't HC? Pop has them. I don't want to take HC inventory away from someone who might actually need it.

I had my TA request King bed for my wife and I on the 30th and Dec. 1. She is really good and she did not say anything at all about the kings being all HCA. I think she would have if it were true. My two requests were for ground floor (cause I like snakes and gekko's and rabbits and gators in my room :lmao:) and king bed (cause of all the snakes and gekko's and rabbits and gators in my bed :thumbsup2).

If it's like Pop Century (and it's not unreasonable to expect so), 5% of the rooms should have king beds; and about 55-57% of those should be handicap-accessible. So, maybe 43 or 44 king beds total, so 24 HA/20 standard?

That's a complete guess, though. I couldn't find any actual information. For the room location, request a room "facing Pop Century". Keep in mind, though, with such a small pool of rooms with the bedding you want, it's unlikely more than one of your requests will be met.

One of the rooms in our party had a king - bldg. 9, 4th floor - not handicapped and connected to a room with 2 doubles

Thanks everybody! I'll just see what happens when I check in. I dislike having an extra, wasted bed and the space it takes up but it's really no big deal if I do. And facing the lake is gravy! :goodvibes

So DISers, what about king rooms? Are there any AoA LM king rooms that aren't HC? Pop has them. I don't want to take HC inventory away from someone who might actually need it.

Not sure about AoA but I know many other resorts have some rooms that are accessible and some that are standard, both with king beds. I wouldn't worry about taking handicap accessible rooms away from someone who may need it... most people who need that of course know they need that and would have to add that as a request when they book. They would place these people into HA rooms before you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter