• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

King Bed or Deluxe Studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

hhhisthegame

Earning My Ears
I had booked a Jambo Deluxe Studio for two adults for Animal Kingdom Lodge for six nights, before the discounts came out. At the time, the deluxe studio was actually near the same price as the other options for Savannah View.

Now with the discounts, if I switch from Deluxe Studio to King Bed I would save about $600 more than the Deluxe Studio alone. I had grown to like the idea of the deluxe studio with the little couch it has, but now with these savings, I have to question if its worth a $600 difference so was curious what people feel about both room options.

I do have some questions:

The King Bed option doesn't specify Jambo house or Kidani. I heard Jambo is where you want to be generally. Is there a way to guarantee this or are all the king beds in the same part of the hotel? I also noticed the King Bed pictures all seem low to the ground while I know the studios are on the top floor. Are all king bed rooms on a lower floor and if so is that preferable for seeing the animals?

I'm just generally curious which option people would prefer.

Kidani Village is all DVC units, so the only way to get a King Bed in that building is to book a 1-bedroom or larger unit.

At Jambo House, the deluxe studio is a DVC room and will be on the 5th floor. Most of the hotel side rooms in Jambo House are on the 4th floor and lower.

I'd switch to the King Bed. The rooms will be pretty similar, so for $600 less, I'd switch.

Not sure if your Studio would be Kidani or Jambo, but I prefer Jambo for all the food options (Sanaa is one of my favourites though, and I'd make sure to get over to Kidani just for that). And as mentioned, the King room will be on the 4th floor or lower at Jambo - I personally think the 3rd floor is best, gives the best balance of being close to the animals while also being high enough to see a bit farther.

I have a 1 bedroom Kidani in February it is huge!

Was very comfortable,
Great view,

I would recommend trying to get close to the lobby as the walk to the room was aways out into the savanna….

Not bad just really long, worth it though, once

The studio to be clear is at Jambo house. The couch seems nice but for $600 maybe its best to switch...and it would make us closer to the animals it seems.

Things to consider to help make your decision. How much time do you spend in your room? Will having the amenities that come with a kitchenette be utilized? Did you book your current room because of the view of would you prefer the view from the king room? Does the view even matter to you? Why are you having second thoughts about the 600? What would you do with it if you changed your room? How will you feel about the 600 being spent on the room after the trip is over? I have never stayed at AKL, but we like the WL. I switched from a king room to a deluxe studio. I gave up my view to get a room with a queen bed and a couch, and with a fridge and microwave so I can keep DH comfortable. He is not a big Disney fan, or a fan of traveling in general, but we are going because he knows that I love it there. I want him to be comfortable so we can come back again in the future. Listen to what your intuition is telling you.

Lots of questions to answer!

Well, we will be there for six nights, and it's a ten day (11 night) trip (Split stay with POFQ 5 nights). We wanted to have time to relax so I imagine there will at least be some time spent in the room. I don't THINK we'lll use the kitchenette much (I guess it could be nice for leftovers potentially but I don't think we'll have separate food)

The view does matter since it will be a savannah room, one of the main reasons we picked AKL was because we wanted to see the animals.

The trip is generally expensive, and saving $600 would pay for flights etc but at the same time its doable, I have the money to pay for it, its more just is it really worth $600 for a couch? I don't know, on the other hand, I had already made peace with the cost of the trip.

I guess is the deluxe studio really nice and the couch comfortable etc and does it make a difference? Or is it pretty negligible? If the king bed has a better view that would help give it an advantage. I'm still unsure which to go with. But if people stayed in both I'd be curious to know how they think it stacks up, or if they enjoyed having the couch for the deluxe studio etc

Well, we will be there for six nights, and it's a ten day (11 night) trip (Split stay with POFQ 5 nights). We wanted to have time to relax so I imagine there will at least be some time spent in the room. I don't THINK we'lll use the kitchenette much (I guess it could be nice for leftovers potentially but I don't think we'll have separate food)

The view does matter since it will be a savannah room, one of the main reasons we picked AKL was because we wanted to see the animals.

The trip is generally expensive, and saving $600 would pay for flights etc but at the same time its doable, I have the money to pay for it, its more just is it really worth $600 for a couch? I don't know, on the other hand, I had already made peace with the cost of the trip.

I guess is the deluxe studio really nice and the couch comfortable etc and does it make a difference? Or is it pretty negligible? If the king bed has a better view that would help give it an advantage. I'm still unsure which to go with. But if people stayed in both I'd be curious to know how they think it stacks up, or if they enjoyed having the couch for the deluxe studio etc
LOL! I know so many questions, I was hoping to help you come to an answer. Hopefully others will respond that can answer your questions and help you decide. I hope you have a great trip and an awesome view at AK!

I assume it's just two adults in the room if you're looking at a king room. The "Deluxe Studio" moniker is just to distinguish a DVC studio from a regular hotel room, and the placement of such rooms at Jambo has been described above. The name doesn't indicate it's a nicer room necessarily, just different amenities, and you can YouTube room tours of both.

Personally, as a solo or duo traveling adult, I typically prefer having a table to having a couch, particularly if I have a balcony anyway. I am not often sitting on a couch on a WDW vacation unless I'm with friends or family entertaining. However, I remember my dad anxiously pacing around waiting for the rest of the family to finish getting ready to go, so if you find you're like that perhaps a couch would be a good place to rest and wait for the rest of your party (although if I'm in that predicament you can usually find me on the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter