• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kindle readers

mainegal

<font color=purple>I am becoming very good at maki
I have a question for people who read using the Kindle.

Do you think you read more books now than you did before you got your Kindle?

Nicholson Baker wrote in a recent New Yorker article, "Maybe the Kindle was the Bowflex of bookishness: something expensive that, when you commit to it, forces you to do more of whatever it is you think you should be doing more of."

I don't know if I'm reading more, but i am reading more at the same time. As long as the stories are totally dis-similiar I find that I can have 3 books in progress at once.

One thing I have noticed . . . I'm also buying more - it's way to easy to get more titles. Barnes and Noble isn't open 24/7 but my Kindle is

Ok, I don't have a Kindle, so I didn't spend a bunch of money and now feel like I have to use it.

I have the Kindle app on my iphone and YES I read way more than I used to. I feel like I wanted to read this much all along, it just wasn't as convenient. I never would have carried whatever book I was reading out with me, but now I read everywhere. Waiting to pick the kids up from school....even things like Dr appts, before I would just read whatever magazines they had in the office, but now I can just continue reading my book.

I've read 20 books since I downloaded the app in July.

I've always read alot - I never go to bed without a book. Now it's just easier to cart around, and, like Marilee said, read more than one book at a time.

Ok, I don't have a Kindle, so I didn't spend a bunch of money and now feel like I have to use it.

I have the Kindle app on my iphone and YES I read way more than I used to. I feel like I wanted to read this much all along, it just wasn't as convenient. I never would have carried whatever book I was reading out with me, but now I read everywhere. Waiting to pick the kids up from school....even things like Dr appts, before I would just read whatever magazines they had in the office, but now I can just continue reading my book.

I've read 20 books since I downloaded the app in July.

I'm completely with Michele on this one. I didn't buy a Kindle. I use the iPhone app, and I find myself reading a WHOLE lot more than I used to. It's so convenient, since I have my iPhone with me all the time. If I'm not listening to podcasts and audiobooks, I'm reading through a novel. I've even read the (gulp!) "Twilight" series on it! (yes, I now know what it's all about, and I think you're all a bunch of hormonal teenagers at heart).

It is not the easiest thing to read, but since my eyes are getting old, it's a lot easier than going out and trying to find large-print versions of all the popular novels.

I was a reading fool before I got my Kindle so it hasn't changed my reading habits at all.

The only difference is that I don't have to worry about where am I going to put all the new books I get and that's a great change. :thumbsup2

I just got the Kindle App for the iPhone and hopefully, will be reading more. I'm not sure how I feel about not having a book on my shelf though.

I read a lot more with my Kindle. I like that I can make the font bigger and I don't need to wear my glasses to read!!

I read much more on my Kindle (and before that, my Sony Reader)

I think the biggest difference is the portability. I would never think to carry a hardcover book everywhere.

I am thrilled with the way the Kindle app and the Kindle interact.

I cant read long term on the iphone, but it's the perfect way to read a bit while you are waiting somewhere. And the fact that it synches with the Kindle so that you can find your place when you pick the Kindle up is just wonderful.

As I';ve said previously...the ability to make everything large print is a reall blessing.

I just read an article that ereaders will be one of the biggest Christmas gifts this year. Something to keep in mind if you are thinking about gifting one. You might want to think about placing your order.

If you know someone with a Kindle....Amazon offers gift cards to buy books.

I have always been a big reader & my kindle was a gift so I don't think it is guilt reading. As stated by others, I love being able to be in the middle of several books at once. Also it allows me to get a new book quickly and start reading immediately, so that increases the amount I can read.

Also something else to consider: every book I have purchased for the kindle is less expensive than a physical book. It probably takes about 20-40 books to recoup the cost of the kindle, so if you are a big reader, the machine should pay for itself over time.

I have always read a lot, but now I am reading a much wider variety. I am reading classic books that I always wanted to but never wanted to spend the money on..for instance Dracula. I would never have bought that book but on my Kindle I read it for free and really enjoyed it. Instead of just buying the hot new release, I will browse and look for inexpensive books by basically unknown authors and have found many gems that I love.
It has expanded my horizons. I have owned my Kindle since June and love it more everyday.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter