• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kindle question

Megkel

Mouseketeer
This might be a silly question but my mil is thinking about getting a kindle for my dd. I already have a kindle fire for myself with an account etc... Would I have to open a new account for her (she is 8)? Or could I add her to my account but have her books and app separate from mine? Would I be able to send her books I've already purchased on my device to her? I figure apps she will have to redownload (I refuse to pay for apps for her) but the books I'm more concerned won't be able to be switched to her device. Does it matter which kindle she gets if I want to send her books etc? I think I have the Kindle Fire HD.

This might be a silly question but my mil is thinking about getting a kindle for my dd. I already have a kindle fire for myself with an account etc... Would I have to open a new account for her (she is 8)? Or could I add her to my account but have her books and app separate from mine? Would I be able to send her books I've already purchased on my device to her? I figure apps she will have to redownload (I refuse to pay for apps for her) but the books I'm more concerned won't be able to be switched to her device. Does it matter which kindle she gets if I want to send her books etc? I think I have the Kindle Fire HD.

my sisters kids both have Kindle Fire HDs. She has them registered under her name/account with Amazon. They are listed on the web site and the devices as "Mary" Kindle and "Mary" 2nd Kindle. not sure about the books. Both kids have different sets of aps (free). Both kids Kindle Fires are set up so a password is required to download/buy anything. If the kids want a free app, my sister has to enter her password.

I have a regular Kindle and a Kindle Fire HD and I can access the books on both devices.

If she is on your account you won't have to send her books they'll already be in the cloud for her to download anytime she wants. Same with apps. My books show up on my kids Kindles whether i want them to or not, so that's something to consider when sharing an account. I think there is limit to how many devices it can be downloaded at one time but I honestly don't know that part. I do know my kids have some of the same apps downloaded at the same time under my account and have no issues.

My hubby, oldest DD and myself all have regular kindles, DD number 2 has a Fire. When we purchase books you have to pick which device they go to, we also have the app on iPads and phones listed on our account and can chose those as well.
I'm not fond of the carousal feature on the Fire because every book we purchase shoes up on it. I try to go on there every couple of weeks at least and delete them off. They aren't downloaded, but the front of the book is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter