Kindle paper white vs Kindle Keyboard

maxaroni

DIS Veteran
I have had a Kindle keyboard since the version came out. Love it. It was starting to get a bit wonky and was given a new Kindle as a gift, the paper white. I do love it but having trouble adjusting to it. It may not be an issue if you never had an older one, but I miss the page turner levers on either side. I keep wanting to press those and they aren't there! LOL. Speaking to a co-worker also going through this transition, she agreed and uses her "old favorite" as her backup.

Anyone else miss features from an older model item that is no longer on the new one?

I have had a Kindle keyboard since the version came out. Love it. It was starting to get a bit wonky and was given a new Kindle as a gift, the paper white. I do love it but having trouble adjusting to it. It may not be an issue if you never had an older one, but I miss the page turner levers on either side. I keep wanting to press those and they aren't there! LOL. Speaking to a co-worker also going through this transition, she agreed and uses her "old favorite" as her backup.

Anyone else miss features from an older model item that is no longer on the new one?

Like you, I started with the Kindle Keyboard and found that I was looking for the page turners at the sides when I got the Kindle Paper White, but after a while, I adjusted and now love my newer Kindle. I wouldn't want to go back to the old one.

I had the Keyboard forever then bumped up to the Voyage that has the sensors on the side you squeeze to turn the page. Even with that I still missed the buttons for awhile. The Voyage (and I assume the Paperwhite) is so much easier to navigate and I love not having to turn every light in the house on to read, lol. I do with it was just slightly bigger though. The Keyboard seemed easier to hold for me.

I went from Kindle Keyboard to Paperwhite. It took a bit to get used to but now I don't even miss it.

Went from a Keyboard to the Voyage. It took a little bit of time to adjust to the 'buttons' but now I love it.

I upgraded from the Paperwhite to the Voyage recently and I love the page-turning 'buttons.' I never had a Kindle before the PW, though, so I can't compare to the keyboard model.

I went from Keyboard to Paperwhite and hated not having the buttons. So I gave it to my dad and bought the Voyage. Instant love! The only thing that I miss is the "active content" games.

Glad to hear I am not alone. Lol. Also, that I will adjust to it :)

I have downloaded all my unread books to the Paperwhite and organized it. I had only downloaded a couple of books to start, had the time and finished it up. I am not going to "unregister" my keyboard.

I must say that I was on the fence about getting a Kindle to begin with. Now, I can't live without it. Love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter