Kindle or iPod Touch?

chewbacca

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide between a Kindle or iTouch. My DH has the iPhone and I love playing the games that he has on it. I usually take it to the drs appts, picking the kids up at school and other places I will wait awhile. He always complains about me running his battery down!

I am also a big bookworm. The only books I would buy for the kindle are the ones I cannot get for free at the library.

I am leaning more toward the iTouch just b/c I think I would get more use out of it because of the games and transferring all of my songs off of my iPod. Yet still have the availability to download books that I do not have. I would also have internet access when at a place that has wifi.

Would you go with a refurbished or a brand new?

Any opinions?

Apple is having a sale on them now. got a new one today for $21 off. I just don't trust refurbs. Had bad luck with refurbs on phones.

There is a Kindle app for the touch. It's not as good as the real Kindle, but it works well. I love my ipod touch. Try it out on yor DH's phone. I am pretty sure it is free.

DH is a bookworm and he has the Kindle and loves it.

I have an iPod Touch and my uncle has a Kindle so I have used both. I cannot stand reading on my iPod! I read pretty quickly and so I feel I am constantly flipping the page (the screen is small so it doesn't hold a lot of words). I would not buy an iPod Touch if my primary interest was reading books on it. Playing games and listening to music - absolutely! Just my opinion. Good luck on your decision!:goodvibes

ETA: Just wanted to let you know that I am a big reader (I don't watch much TV and go through about 2 books a week). Now that Kindle is available in Canada, I will be picking one up after the Christmas season, even though I already own the iPod Touch.

I read on my iPhone during those ... I'm stuck waiting for the kids or I'm stuck in this line or I'm stuck ... whatever moments and it is fine for that. I actually read my way through Disneyworld this year on my iPhone, boat rides from EPCOT to MGM, standing in line etc. It is murder on battery life though.

For that long haul curled up in my recliner with a cup of tea kind of reading - Kindle all the way.

Have you checked to see if your library offers eBook downloads? I got The Lacuna and Pirate Lattitudes in eBook form from our library this week.

It is hard to say if you should purchase an iTouch or a Kindle because they are completely different things. The iTouch is a multi-purpose portable device and the Kindle is a dedicated eReader. Which one you'll enjoy more is really hard to say because your hobby lifestyle is unique to you.

I have a Kindle and an iPhone and I have to say that I suggest the Touch.

You can always pick up a book that would substitute for a Kindle, but there's really no substitute for the Touch.

And, yes - you can use the Kindle app on the Touch (which IS hard to read) or you can download the free Kindle PC app.

So, while I adore my Kindle, my iPhone gets much more use (and not as a phone - more for playing music, audiobooks, games, etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter