Kindle guru's - help please

jen0610

DIS Veteran
DS18 got a Kindle for his birthday from my brother. I don't have one, don't want one, know just about nothing in how to work one. Right now, DS doesn't have any money to buy books, so we are looking at the free books for him to download.

We have some already marked, but weeding through the list is a task and he finally gave up after only getting through page 52 of the 400 pages he could look on. Is there an easier way to elminate those book subjects that aren't of interest to him. I have looked and I don't see anything, but am I just missing it?

DS18 got a Kindle for his birthday from my brother. I don't have one, don't want one, know just about nothing in how to work one. Right now, DS doesn't have any money to buy books, so we are looking at the free books for him to download.

We have some already marked, but weeding through the list is a task and he finally gave up after only getting through page 52 of the 400 pages he could look on. Is there an easier way to elminate those book subjects that aren't of interest to him. I have looked and I don't see anything, but am I just missing it?

If he has facebook have him like "Pixel of Ink". Then he will get updates on his news feed a couple of times of day listing free books. Or he can just go to their website pixelofink.com There are other websites too that I am sure people will post.

I also get lots of books from our library's virtual library. so have him check out your local library.

If you go to the Kindle Free books on Amazon, you can choose categories to look at.

I like to read the Fantasy books (go to Literature/Fiction and then from there it gives you sub-categories). Or Teen books have their own main category.

If you know what type of books he likes (Sci-Fi, etc.) let us know and I am sure one of us can help you!

It's much easier to choose and look at books on Amazon's website. As a PP said, you can look by category. Also I like on the actual book product page to look at what other people bought or looked at, gives me new ideas sometimes within a genre.

I only look for new books on the Amazon website, not on my Kindle. It's WAY easier.

The free books can be broken down into categories on the website (or even the app).

If you go to the Kindle Free books on Amazon, you can choose categories to look at.

I like to read the Fantasy books (go to Literature/Fiction and then from there it gives you sub-categories). Or Teen books have their own main category.

If you know what type of books he likes (Sci-Fi, etc.) let us know and I am sure one of us can help you!

He has strickly been looking via the kindle. I'll tell him he has to get onto my Amazon account to get selective in his options. I didn't even think about getting online.

He is a fantasy kid. He reads in both the YA area and the adult area. He's read from the following series:

The Dresden books
Gears of War books
The Star Wars books - both the YA and the Adult series
Morganville Vampire books
The Mercy Thompson books
The Alpha and Omega books
The Sabina Kane books
The Rachel Morgan books
The Iron Druid Chronicles
The Last Apprentice
Vampire Academy books
The Heir Chronicles

There has to be at least another dozen series that he has read at least one book of.

I agree with the others, trying to find a book on your Kindle is a real a pain. I always go to Amazon :banana:

Check your local library. Many have an ebook borrowing program.

I'm reading through the HUGE volume of FREE editions of classics that have entered public domain. All of classics by Dickens, Mark Twain, etc.

Ok, online was a whole lot easier for him to scan through.

I'm reading through the HUGE volume of FREE editions of classics that have entered public domain. All of classics by Dickens, Mark Twain, etc.

He actually downloaded a few of these. Not his normal perfered reading material, but that's a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter