Kindle 7" or 8.9"?

la79al

DIS Veteran
My grandmother wants me to go and get her a Kindle today. I can't decide between the 7" or the 8.9". She will probably use it primarily for reading but also wants to check email and facebook, stuff like that. I took my 7" to her house and she said she could read it just fine but I'm wondering whether the 8.9" would be a better choice. The only important stuff would be the screen size and MAYBE the camera (but I doubt it). Is it worth the extra money for the extra screen size?

For a Grandmother, I would get the larger one.

I am in my mid-40s and I even prefer the larger one.

Does she need to transport it much? If not, I would say the larger one is great.

Is she going to want to take it places? Then the smaller size might be a little easier to fit in a purse. If not - "MY" preference would be the larger screen.

I have an ipad, my DD has the ipad-mini. I really do appreciate that it is just easier for me to hold onto the regular ipad, as opposed to the mini.

My DD LOVES that the ipad-mini fits into several of her purses, making it easy to take places.

I have the 7 inch and it does fit most of the purses. It can make the screen brighter and words bigger. I even use it for watching videos on the treadmill.
I am a grandmas age but not a grandma.

How about letting her come with you and experience the visit and decide on the size herself.

i have the smaller one and find it easier to carry around than my dm's larger one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter