Kinda, sorta off-topic

At work we've been having a photo flashback every month this school year. Looking through old pictures at my mother's I found a black and white picture of me(age 4) in an old-school Mickey Mouse Halloween mask (remember that smell?) and my sister in a Donald Duck. My mother also told me that as a pre-schooler I had a imaginary friend - Mickey Mouse! I have no memory of this or anything else Disney. I don't think my Dad let us watch The WWofD.
My first trip to WDW was in 1975 - we drove over for the day from Daytona Beach.
Second trip was with my husband in 1987. Then in 1995 with our 2 and 4 yr olds AND WE WERE SOLD!!
My husband returned last week for his 23rd school trip with two buses of 8th graders. - Passing on the Love!

Since I only live about 35 minutes from WDW, the Mouse has always been part of my life. Went as a kid multiple time with the family and when I became an adult my boyfriend (now husband) got us annual passes for Christmas one year and we have had them ever since, 20+ years! We go often and have never been disappointed. There is always something new. There is just something about a Disney park that makes you forget about all your life's worries.

I grew up loving the original Mickey Mouse Club, the Wonderful World of Disney, and my dad took me to WDW when it was 10 days old. Once I saw that castle, I couldn't imagine anything better....it's still my happy place, many, many years later.

I've been to WDW several times as a kiddo and couldn't wait to take my own. First visit was in '04 and we've been hooked as a family ever since. I hate to say that since then, this is our first year without a trip to the World but we are cruising so I guess that'll be o.k. There's just something about being there that's hard to describe. Same with DCL. Someone will say oh a "Disney Cruise". My response is you must not follow cruise line reviews or have ever sailed on one of their ships. I love to watch all the families in the lobby while doing the pictures etc. while waiting dinner and the shows. Everyone is having fun; little girls in their princess dresses dancing with their dads, little boys in their pirate gear saying Arrgg!, families dancing together. I can make a DCL cruise as "Disney" as I want it or not. Not sure what next year will hold for us but I'm sure something Disney will be on the calendar :)

I quite literally can't remember a time when I didn't love Disney. They were my favorite movies even as a tiny girl. The first book I ever read all on my own was a version of The Rescuers. My parents took me to see every movie reissue and it was always the highlight of my year. My first trip to WDW was when I was four and I'm told that when I saw Mickey I lost my mind and went running straight up to him for a hug. And the love has never, ever died!

Last edited:
Wow, I am actually tearing up - in a happy way.

I grew up in Tampa Bay area so Orlando was a two hour drive away for us. That was our family vacation spot for years and years. Us kids would always get the Mickey Mouse ears with our name embroidered on the back. I loved when the Disney channel came out (early 80 s??). We used to watch all the older movies from 60s and 70s - Swiss Family Robinson, Pollyanna, Apple Dumpling Gang and on and on in addition to all cartoon movies. Used to love watching all the Mickey cartoon "shorts". And watching Mickey Mouse Club reruns - I loved Moochie!!!

Went to DL first time as adult and had fun too. Only Dis cruise so far was October 2012 but hope to go May 2016. I am solo adult so it is pricey but worth every penny!

:lovestruc

I wish Disney Channel would go back to showing more of the old movies. Or do I just miss them?

I wish Disney Channel would go back to showing more of the old movies. Or do I just miss them?

Me too......like Davy Crocket, the original Zorro series, The ugly duchsount, (spl?), Charlie the lonesome Cougar, Texas John Slaughter, Swamp Fox, Johnny Tremain, Tonkason, The Disneyland Story, The Nine lives of Elfego Baca, etc.........etc.........

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter