• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kind of odd sunscreen question...

Mickey_Maniac

I'm a Maniac, so what???
I have an odd kind of sunscreen question. Not sure if this is the right board or not, but here goes.

Has anyone ever heard of a sunscreen for those of us that are somewhat follicle challenged on top? (In other words, the grass has some bare spots, the rug is worn down, need I go on??? :rotfl: )

Mind you, I'm not talking Kojak here, rather those of us that have just a little protection left from the sun (without having to wear a hat). I know I could use a spray sunscreen, but I dont want to go around looking like greased lightning.

Hats are OK, but after a while they get pretty sweaty and warm specially during the summer (we are going in June).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
MM

I can't help you but would be intereted in the answer! :smooth:

Yes, there is a sunscreen they sell for baby's heads, I think its the spray on kind ...practically the same thing right???

I haven't looked recently, but they used to sell the spray-on sunscreen for babies at the grocery store or the drug store. It was pretty easy to find. Last summer I just kept a hat on the baby so I didn't look for the spray.

DH finally gave up on the hair battle and shaved his head. At best he has peach fuzz so he just rubs the regular sunscreen all over his head. :teeth:

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
DH finally gave up on the hair battle and shaved his head. At best he has peach fuzz so he just rubs the regular sunscreen all over his head. :teeth:

Same with my DH...see photo below :rotfl: He uses the regular sunscreen also. With our DD, she is so fair skinned and has such thin hair, we just rub the regular stuff in her hair before we pull it up. Yeah, its nasty to wash out, but I would rather her have gunk in her hair than a sunburn.

It took me a few mintues to get what you were talking about lol. Yes go get a spray sun screen or a sports sunscreen. You can put it ont he threadbare spots. I send my dh sunscreen all the time while he was in Iraq. He had his head shaved the whole time and the sunscreen helped alot. Don't forget to apply to your ears too. :)

my dad uses regular sunscreen too (when golfing and whatnot)...sport kind works well as it doesn't run into his eyes when he sweats.

and this is FAR from an odd sunscreen question!

While hats may get hot at times you should seriously consider wearing one, they help protect not only the top of your head it also shields your face/eyes from the sun. Even the non follicly challenged should wear a hat. the last time I didn't wear a hat I burned the part in my hair. Talk about painful to brush, and then it started to peel, which is not a pretty site! The florida sun can be brutal. I would carry a hat as well, especially if you are a "sweat head" and will otherwise sweat most of the sunscreen off.

jackskellingtonsgirl said:

Not sure I want to go to that extreme just to avoid wearing a hat, but I guess it is an option!! :rotfl2:

oogieboogie said:
Here's a site that sells stuff specifically for follicle challenged men: http://www.baldmen.com/index.php?pa...hpshop&Itemid=1

Do you know if this is the same stuff as they sell in drug stores as the "Sport spray"???

Last year at the College World Series, I had a friend who put sunscreen on his head. He later fainted. The EMTs said that the sunscreen formed a barrier on his head that wouldn't allow heat to escape. They said to just wear a hat.

Last trip I used the spray on sunscreen for babies heads along my part line. It worked really well and wasn't as thick as regular sunscreen. Plus, its for babies so its gentle, waterproof and spf 45. I know Babies R Us sells it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter