• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kind of a silly question, but need help!

lisa6191

Earning My Ears
So if you take your kids to the kids club at night and they are wearing their pajamas, do they need slippers too or would they be okay in just socks? At home we all tend to sleep in just t-shirts and go barefoot, so I don't even own slippers for the boys. I actually didn't own any lightweight pjs for them either, so I got some at Target today. :-) Should I get them some slippers also? If it matters, the boys are 6 and 9.

Thanks for the help - I can't believe my cruise is finally next week!!! I am making myself crazy getting prepared, but it sure is fun. :-)

-Lisa

Socks would be just fine! It's a Kid's club....fun, easy, casual!:)

I'm not sure they'll want to go to the Kids' Club in their pajamas, especially the nine year old. I don't remember any kids that age wearing them.

Really? I just assumed from some of the threads I was reading that the kids would wear pajamas if they stayed really late. I guess there is no reason they couldn't wear shorts and a t-shirt though, huh? I think maybe in my planning frenzy I have reached the point that I can't see the forest for the trees. :-)

Justmestace, it wasn't really how they looked that I was concerned about, I just wasn't sure about the floors on the ship and whether they needed something on their feet. But if they wear shorts it won't be an issue. :-)

Off to obsess about something else....

-Lisa

One night they told the girls to come back in their pajamas, the boys were off playing sports(My twins are 10). I am pretty sure they had my friend's son, who is five, go in his pajamas one night for some event. I know I saw other kids there when I picked him up one night in their pajamas asleep. Have a great time!

One night in the club, they have a sleepover party, and a lot of kids wore PJs, My daughter went and had fun. They got a pillowcase, and colored it. Very cute.
That was the only time I saw kids in PJs.

My boys have never gone to the club or the lab in PJ's.. always shorts and t shirts..and I think shoes are very much in order.. don't want them getting their feet or toes hurt .

I haven't seen kids go to the clubs in their pj's, although I'm sure it is more common with the younger kids. My DD and DS have always gone in shorts and t-shirts, except for the pajama party. Also, I believe that some sort of footwear is required when the kids are at the clubs.

I also agree that footwear would be required in the clubs. It's got to be a safety thing. For pajama parties, I'd have the kids wear sandals to the club, then if they were allowed to, kick them off while there, but sandals to go back to the stateroom.

The late night pj party is what I was thinking about. Even my 13 year old did that last year...although she wore shorts and a sweatshirt. They were going to watch movies, and it's always COLD.
Walking from your stateroom to the club is indoors, on carpet, so I wasn't thinking about them being out on the deck where it may be slippery.

My little ones (4 and 5) never wore jammies to the clubs. My son we'd pick up after dinner or the show - he never really stayed late - and he'd still be in his sandals. My daughter always fell asleep in front of the movie (front and center) with her sandals on the mat next to her and her feet bare.

I didn't notice that she looked strange (i.e. was the only one not in jammies), I didn't notice that the kids in jammies were odd either (there were a few). I had packed jammies for that reason, but it seemed strange to drop them off at 6:00pm in their jammies - and we wouldn't go back for her until 9:30 or 10:00 (ok, we tried, she wouldn't leave until 9:30 or 10:00 and she sure wasn't leaving that screen for mere jammies!).

That's why I love this board. Just when you think you've heard all the questions, a new one pops up. You might say this is a twist on the infinite "dress code" question :)

On our cruise last June our DS5 (at the time) wore his PJ's one night. We picked him up around 11:00 or 11:30 if I remember correctly (All the kids were laying down watching a movie). Most of the other kids also had PJ's on this late but this was just one nights experiece. The other nights we normally got him from the club earlier so we did not have any PJ's on him then. - Mike

I would think that the PJs would make the transition to bed quicker once you get back to your stateroom (one less thing to do). I will probably send my DD-6 in PJs and either sandals or flipflops that she could take off easily.
Mary

I am sitting here looking at this site today with my teenage (14) daughter. We are leaving on the 03/21/2004 Wonder cruise and she said she is definitely planning on wearing her PJs to the Pajamarama movie night in the teen club on our cruise. She says it sounds like fun. :tongue:

Perhaps it matters whether you are on the Wonder or the Magic (and the related activities). My twin boys were 9 last July on the Wonder and one of them seemed to do most of the activities and there were NO opportunities for PJs - one of them closed the club twice and still was in shorts and Tshirts
Barbara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter