Kim's new and improved life journal!

Great job getting right back on plan after your cheat meal! Yay Kim!!! :yay: I've been wondering what you ate for that meal. I was looking forward to it FOR you! :lmao: Btw, what kind of eating plan are you doing? I'm just in awe that you can stick with your menus. You'll have to let me know how the one cheat meal a week thing goes. I was always worried it would throw my blood sugar out of whack and cause all kinds of cravings. But I have a friend who swears by the method. Actually she does a whole free day.

Dude, I can't believe you've been hanging around here so long and still haven't read MFM. Where have you been??? You aren't allowed to be part of WISH without owning at least 5 copies of our WISH Bible! :rotfl: :rotfl:

What a great idea to add a link to your wish journal in your siggy. I'll definitely be stopping by more often since I'll have the link directly from your posts in my journal. You be a genious! :idea:

Hey Dena. I got the eating plan from my nutritionist. It's basically low carb/low sugar/high protein. I've done the whole cheat day before, and that's where I'll probably go when I've hit my goal weight again. But for now just one meal a week is enough for me to look forward to and to keep me on track and still lose. Usually I'll have that cheat meal on my weigh-in day so that by the time the next weigh-in rolls around it's not even an issue anymore. Last year when I lost all that weight I did a cheat meal for lunch after my weigh-in's with Nancy. I'm a carb-o-haulic and so I'd stop for a Wawa hoagie on my way back to work. Once I have that meal, I'm fine with going back on plan.

I am really enjoying MFM! I can't believe I didn't have it before too! VERY inspiring and I'm only at the beginning of the book. Please don't kick me out of WISH...I'll be better, I promise! :rotfl2:

I used to have my WISH journal link in my signature...but when I fell of track for a while there and wasn't really tracking my "healthy lifestyle" but instead having parties in my journal...I figured I probably shouldn't advertise it. :sad2:

Thanks to all you guys for your support!:wave2: Have a great one!

Hi, Kim! Just wanted to pop in to say "hello" and to tell you I am thinking about you. I am glad you got my favorite book, MfM. John Bingham is one of my heroes and I've now met him 3 times. I think you will find that there is definitely something in that book that will speak to you.

Have a great night! :hug:

Hey Cam!! Thanks for stopping by!! :wave2:

Today went pretty well. Didn't get any exercise in, but I was able to clean up around the house and then take the kids bowling with my sister for a few hours. I had a few more "lite" snacks than I normally do in a day, but we ordered a pizza for the kids at the bowling alley and my Lord did that ever smell like heaven. Good thing I planned ahead and brought some extra snacks for myself! :sad2:

Food for today:

bfast
3/4 cup cereal w/8 oz. skim milk
lite yogurt

lunch
2 egg salad w/lite mayo (no bread)
6 almonds
100 calorie pack

dinner
1.5 cups turkey chili
salad w/red wine vinegar

snack
Not sure if I'll have one tonight or not. If I do, it'll be grapes and/or an apple.

drinks
20 oz. decaf unsweet green tea
68 oz. water (Didn't overdo it today with being out. Didn't want to spend the whole day in the restroom)

Back to work tomorrow for a nice short week. I plan on running tomorrow night after work (which will be a new thing for me, running at night). Hope you all have a great night and great day tomorrow!

Great job getting right back on board after your awesome cheat meal. :cheer2: Also, way to go at the bowling alley with the pizza! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Way to go, Kim! That's great that you got right back on track after your cheat meal!:thumbsup2

I'm glad that you are liking the Marathoning for Mortals. Once I lose some weight, I think I may try running too.:goodvibes

Have a great day tomorrow!:cool1:

Hey all! Just a quick post to say that I stayed exactly the same as last Monday with my weigh-in today - 121. I'm good and not good with that. Good that my cheat meal (should really call that a food/alcohol festival :dance3: ) didn't make me gain any. But it's not good that only one meal out of a week of being on plan can stop me from losing anything. I know deep down inside that at this point I really need the exercise to kick in for me to keep losing. So that's the plan. This week, it's all about the exercise minutes!!! :yay:

"talk" to you later!

great job on not gaining kim!
Hell, that's half the battle right there!!
Keep in mind why you haven't been exercising....YOU'VE BEEN SICK!!!
Ok...so if you're feeling up to it....kick it in girl...we know you've got it!!

(sorry about the im thing the other night....darn laptop freaked out on me!!)

later tater!
marie

Thanks for the reality check, Marie. And unfortunately I'm still not 100% well like I thought - more on that in a minute.

Food for today:

bfast
lite multigrain english muffin w/natural peanut butter
10 grapes
power bar (found one I love! Cliff peanut butter pretzel)

lunch
1 cup turkey chili
7 reduced fat wheat thins
cucumbers/tomatoes in red wine vinegar

dinner
2 lowfat italian chicken breasts

no snack

drinks
77 oz. water
24 oz. decaf unsweet green tea

exercise:
22 minutes on treadmill
100 crunches

The treadmill just about killed me tonight. Yes, I haven't run in 3 weeks and I did have bronchitis....but MAN I just can't breathe when I'm running. :mad: Tonight after 6 or 7 minutes my lungs actually hurt. I pushed until 8 minutes and then walked for 2. Then I felt better and then I started running again (not at a very fast pace either). I made it another 8 minutes and then walked for 4 to catch my breath and stop wheezing. I certainly hope it's something that I just need to build up my lung strength again. :sad2:

As always, your food looks great and good job doing crunches when you couldn't do the treadmill. Take it easy on the TM. It is going to take some time to get back to 100%

You're doing a great job, Kim!:cheer2: Please be careful on the treadmill.... Sometimes after we are sick, it takes some time to bounce back... Please be sure and take it slow and steady...:hug: You are doing great!:thumbsup2

Thanks guys for the advice. I have decided to go back to the couch-to-5K program I did (run/walk) and I'll start at maybe week 4 or 5 and work my way back up to full running again in a couple weeks. I think that's what my lungs/breathing need right now.

No exercise today...but tomorrow I'm hitting the treadmill again. :thumbsup2

Food for today:

bfast
3/4 cup cereal w/skim milk
1/2 protein bar

lunch
salad w/grilled chicken & red wine vinegar
apple
7 reduced fat wheat thins

dinner
turkey cutlet
string beans

snack
10 grapes

drinks
70 oz. water
24 oz. unsweet decaf green tea

Not much going on here today. Kind of laying low. I went to the dentist and.....NO CAVITIES!! (Man, it's sad that that's the excitement of my day! :sad2: :rotfl: )

Not much going on here today. Kind of laying low. I went to the dentist and.....NO CAVITIES!! (Man, it's sad that that's the excitement of my day! :sad2: :rotfl: )

:rotfl:
Its more exciting than my day ;)
At least it was good news :)

Hey everybody!! It's almost FRIDAY!!! :cool1: And it's been a good Thursday. I've been really busy at work this week which is good...makes the time pass faster and makes me feel more productive. :thumbsup2

Here's my food for today:

bfast
2 eggs
lite multigrain english muffin
sugar free tastycake bar

lunch
1 cup turkey chili
celery w/natural peanut butter

dinner
hamburger w/fat free cheese (no roll)
10 grapes

snack
8 oz. skim milk

drinks
80 oz. water
16 oz. decaf unsweet green tea

**little note - I'm gonna try to wean down on the green tea. It absolutely helps me drop weight...but it's also a blood thinner and that makes me nervous. Last year (I think in May) when I went into the ER, they took my blood and it just ran out, down my arm and made a huge mess. That has never happened to me before. The nurse asked if I was on blood thinners and my mom spoke up & mentioned the green tea. She said to watch out & not drink too much of it or my blood could get TOO thin. So anyway...gonna wean down and eventually drink a small amount every other day or every few days.

exercise
OK.....did lots tonight!

I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes and felt GREAT the whole time. I started back in the middle of week 4 from the couch-to-5K progam. That's definitely what I needed to do. It's a little frustrating that I had to backtrack so much...but if this is what I need to do to have successful, non-painful runs...than that's what I'll do. :goodvibes

I did 100 crunches.

I did 20 pushups.

I did a 14 minute arm routine w/weights from OnDemand. (whew was that tough! :eek: - I'm probably not going to be able to lift my arms over my head tomorrow:rotfl: )

I'm SO looking forward to the weekend and hopefully a run outside. :yay: Have a GREAT night!!

I never knew that green tea was a blood thinner!:eek: I've been drinking it a lot lately.... Maybe I should scale back a bit too.

You had an amazing workout, Kim!:yay: I know it was hard to scale back, but you listened to your body and adjusted your workout accordingly... I'm proud of you for that!:hug:

Hope you have a great Friday!:goodvibes

I never knew that green tea was a blood thinner!:eek: I've been drinking it a lot lately.... Maybe I should scale back a bit too.

I didn't either until last year when I started drinking it every day on this nutrition plan. My mom told me right away that my dad's cardiologist told him to stay away from it since he's already on a blood thinner and it was proven to me when I was in the ER.

Thanks so much for your support, Tracy. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. :hug:

I didn't either until last year when I started drinking it every day on this nutrition plan. My mom told me right away that my dad's cardiologist told him to stay away from it since he's already on a blood thinner and it was proven to me when I was in the ER.

That's good to know, Kim.:goodvibes Thanks for sharing that with us!

Thanks so much for your support, Tracy. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. :hug:

You are most welcome, Kim!:hug:

So, does this call for a GREEN TEA CHALLENGE??? :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:
(yes, i'm craking myself up!!)

You're doing great as always! Your food looks awsome, and 100 crunches....:eek: i'm hurting just thinking about it!!

Congrats on cavity free!! :woohoo: Good job on keeping your teeth healthy too!!!

marie

I did 20 pushups.

Okay superwoman. I didn't feel like going walking out in the cold tonight so I told myself that I had to read your journal and if I still didn't feel inspired to go then I didn't have to. Well, after reading that you did TWENTY pushups I'm inspired. Out I go!

Have a great FRIDAY!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter