Kimono's vs. Jellyrolls

Lavender_Blue

Dilly Dilly
My fiancee and I are having a wedding in two months and I'm trying to figure out a few details - now don't misunderstand me: I'm not a procrastinator. Our wedding is not going to be some full-blown ceremony. It's mostly going to be a few friends, the parents, and some vows. Not too many bells and whistles. Just a little intimacy. We'll have our bigger wedding later (we already have a savings for that). We're getting married now because financially it's better for us, but I'm not willing to do just the 'at the JOP' thing, so I'm putting together A LITTLE something - for memory's sake.

We'll be having a pre-wedding dinner with friends, and then an after wedding dinner with just family.

For the pre-wedding dinner I was thinking either Kimono's or Jellyrolls. The reason is...I'd love to do some karaoke-ish thing. I don't think Jellyrolls is a place where you can sing, is it? I know it's got duelling pianos but I've also heard about singing....and it'd be nice if I could request any song I wanted and get up and sing if I wanted. I also hear there's dancing.

I love to sing and have been in a few shows and would love to be able to do something fun like karaoke (as I've never done karaoke before!)

I know Kimono's has karaoke hour...would anyone happen to have a list of some of the songs they have? Or know of a way to view it online?

I'm thinking Jellyrolls isn't what I'm looking for, but I had to ask..which would be better?

Jellyrolls is not a restaurant, but a duelling piano bar, lots of fun. Age restriction of those 21 and over to get in, cover charge of $10. You can't get up to sing with the pianists. They take requests and sing for you, but the entire club is encouraged to sing along.

Kimono's serves sushi. I don't know when their karaoke starts, though.

If you want a nice dinner on the Boardwalk area, Flying Fish Cafe would get my vote.

Food isn't a main factor so much as entertainment. So Jellyrolls is out...unless there's still dancing...might still be a possibility if I can't get a hold of a list of karaoke choices for Kimono's. I just really want to sing with my friends. ;p

The only dancing I've witnessed at Jellyrolls was dancing after about 3 hrs of steady drinking!!! Nothing very attractive, that's for sure.

The only dancing I've witnessed at Jellyrolls was dancing after about 3 hrs of steady drinking!!! Nothing very attractive, that's for sure.

Oh come on...."And the green grass grows all around all around and the green grass grows all around" is always a sight to behold. :woohoo::dance3: :cool1:
:rotfl2:

Kimono's opens around 5:30. They primarily serve sushi, but also tempura and other japanese dishes.

Karaoke starts around 9, I believe. We've never hung around long enough for it to start. Kimono's is relatively small, no dance floor.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Kathy

Oh come on...."And the green grass grows all around all around and the green grass grows all around" is always a sight to behold. :woohoo::dance3: :cool1:
:rotfl2:

and I have my husband on video doing that VERY dance!

I'm not a fan of Jellyroll's since it's the one club where people can smoke. While I'm not militant about it, it gets pretty unpleasant being in an enclosed place with that many smokers.

Kimono's has a HUGE list of songs. The last time I went there I was having dinner with Corey and Bawb. The hostess came around with a book of songs that I swear was as thick as our phone book. Needless to say, none of us got drunk enough to get on stage. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter