Kim Possible - Which countries? What sequence?

BucsTex

Passing the Magic to a third generation!
Do you get to decide which country you're going to do? Or at least start in? And it appears the adventures are in Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, France, and the UK. Is that correct? Does each adventure take place in one country, or do you move around between countries?

Thanks!

I'm not sure which countries have missions but I do know that there is no mission in Morocco. Each mission is contained to one country. As far as I know, the first mission is random but you can select your mission after you complete the first.

When we did this with our grandkids in January, we did a different "mission" for different countries (can't remember which sequence they did them in). First time, we started out with China, then their second mission was in Germany (I think). The second time we visited Epcot during our stay, the grandkids asked to be assigned to Norway. The Kim Possible cast member just punched that into the computer and away we went to pick up their "decoder" (or whatever it's called) at Norway. My grandkids are 9 & 11 and they had a ball doing this. We also did UK, Japan, and France. Not sure how Disney did all the "tricks" involved in this, but grandkids thought they were "way cool" and it was a highlight of our trip.

Each mission is assigned to a specific country, but you do end up going back and forth in that particular country deciphering clues.

We plan to do this on our next trip this fall during the Food and Wine Festival. Our kids DS8 and DD5 don't care for the "different" foods at all the F&W booths so we figured having them do the Kim Possible missions would keep them happy while we make our way around WS to eat!! :thumbsup2 For those that have done the KP Missions before, are there any particular countries that might have easier missions for our younger kids to figure out the clues without us? Not that we are letting them just go off by themselves :scared1: but if our older son is able to read the clues and figure out the mission without help from us he might enjoy it even more.

DGrD(7) and I did the mission in China in Dec. I think it took us about 30-40 minutes to complete. It took us through several different buildings and she had to talk to a couple of CMs for further direction. She loved it and was able to interpret most of the clues herself - a few were a little confusing even for me.;) Together we figured it all out - you can go back and replay the clues (thankfully).

DGrD(7) and I did the mission in China in Dec. I think it took us about 30-40 minutes to complete. It took us through several different buildings and she had to talk to a couple of CMs for further direction. She loved it and was able to interpret most of the clues herself - a few were a little confusing even for me.;) Together we figured it all out - you can go back and replay the clues (thankfully).

30-40 minutes!! :eek: Not exactly what I wanted to hear. If this is the norm, how do people do 4 missions and take up 2+ hours of park time?

30-40 minutes!! :eek: Not exactly what I wanted to hear. If this is the norm, how do people do 4 missions and take up 2+ hours of park time?

I plan to do exactly that; in fact, I want to do all 7, so more like 4 hours for us. If I were in WS by myself, I'm sure I would spend 30 minutes in each country, so now I have a way to get my son to do that too! I'm hoping that after doing the Kim Possible adventures, he will be interested enough in the countries that he will want to see the ones that don't have adventures in them.

We are doing this on the day we arrive at Epcot late after late night EMH at MK, so we're going to make this the main focus of the day and save more of the Future World rides for the day we are going to get there at Rope Drop.

What's the deal with getting a fastpass to know when to start your adventure? If we do this KPAdventure I wanted to do it during lunch time. Do I need to do any kind of planning in advance to get a fastpass time around noon? TIA!

We plan to do this on our next trip this fall during the Food and Wine Festival. Our kids DS8 and DD5 don't care for the "different" foods at all the F&W booths so we figured having them do the Kim Possible missions would keep them happy while we make our way around WS to eat!! :thumbsup2 For those that have done the KP Missions before, are there any particular countries that might have easier missions for our younger kids to figure out the clues without us? Not that we are letting them just go off by themselves :scared1: but if our older son is able to read the clues and figure out the mission without help from us he might enjoy it even more.

We were also there during F&W in 2010 with our 3 kids (7, 5 & 1). This was a great way to get kids interested in the different countries. My kids LOVED the Kim Possible missions. This was our first trip to WDW and this was hands down their favorite part of the trip. A word to the wise ... towards late afternoon / early evening it got extremely busy in WS. We were bumper to bumper and the lines for food got kinda long. We still had a great time though. We went back a different day (earlier in the day) and it was much easier to move around and get through the countries / missions.

There are 7 countries with missions: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, France, and the UK.
Each mission is limited to a specific country (and yes you can request a country).

Basically, you get a "fastpass"-type card with a check-in station and time.
When you arrive, you can request a certain country from the CM and they will give you a Kimmunicator.
The Kimmunicator gives you all the instructions including a brief demo of how to use the Kimmunicator.

Within each "mission", there are several tasks.
There are about 10 tasks or so for each country.
However, each "mission" only selects a subset of the tasks available so each time through can be slightly different.
Each country should last you between 20 minutes and 45 minutes depending on whether or not you are familiar with the country's layout.
The finale is always the same though.

The tasks include, but are not limited to, interaction with animatronics in the country, researching clues, trivia, or interaction with CM's.
We rate Germany, UK, China, and Japan as our favorites.
UK and China offer interaction with CM's as well as actual hands-on activities (find this object and take it here).
Germany and Japan have the most interaction with the pavillions themselves including lots of surprises along the way.

We definitely recommend the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure.
Our kids have done all 7 and have even returned to their favorites and were delighted by getting new tasks!

There are 7 countries with missions: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, France, and the UK.
Each mission is limited to a specific country (and yes you can request a country).

Basically, you get a "fastpass"-type card with a check-in station and time.
When you arrive, you can request a certain country from the CM and they will give you a Kimmunicator.
The Kimmunicator gives you all the instructions including a brief demo of how to use the Kimmunicator.

Within each "mission", there are several tasks.
There are about 10 tasks or so for each country.
However, each "mission" only selects a subset of the tasks available so each time through can be slightly different.
Each country should last you between 20 minutes and 45 minutes depending on whether or not you are familiar with the country's layout.
The finale is always the same though.

The tasks include, but are not limited to, interaction with animatronics in the country, researching clues, trivia, or interaction with CM's.
We rate Germany, UK, China, and Japan as our favorites.
UK and China offer interaction with CM's as well as actual hands-on activities (find this object and take it here).
Germany and Japan have the most interaction with the pavillions themselves including lots of surprises along the way.

We definitely recommend the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure.
Our kids have done all 7 and have even returned to their favorites and were delighted by getting new tasks!

That is by far the most useful, informative, and comprehensive description I have seen! Why can't Disney just put this on their website???

THANK YOU!!!

What's the deal with getting a fastpass to know when to start your adventure? If we do this KPAdventure I wanted to do it during lunch time. Do I need to do any kind of planning in advance to get a fastpass time around noon? TIA!

There's a KP "recruitment" site in one of the Innoventions buildings. If you go in there in the morning, you should be able to get an earlier time slot. The times probably don't start until after 11:00, when WS opens, but you can go anytime after your time slot - it's not exact.

We were also surprised at the amount of time the missions took. We planned for about an hour or so before dinner, and our mission took about 40 minutes. We only had time for that one and it was time for dinner. We did Germany - it was really fun! The kids loved it, there is a great surprise at the end that everyone in the courtyard can see and enjoy. Next trip we are planning for more time - the kids really want to do more, and now we know that plenty of time is needed if we want to do the missions and enjoy WS as we like to.

who is taking 40 minutes to complete a mission. We were done with China in about 15 minutes.

LOL - Us - I guess we're a little slow. Glad to know we're not the only ones;):rotfl:

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. heh

If you are taking the time to look around during the mission then I could see it taking longer. For us, we just went from one clue to the next without looking around in between.

We are not planning on going to Epcot until later in the day, more like 5:00pm.
Will there still be times left to do this or is it like fastpasses and when they are all given out for the day that is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter