• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kim Possible Attraction ??

SteveS

Mouseketeer
I haven't heard much about the new Kim Possible attraction at EPCOT. What I did hear is that people like it, but I have a few questions.

1. Being empty nesters, is this something adults ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo would like on their own?
2. Is there a cost?
3. Do you need a reservation?

Thanks

I have yet to do it myself, but I have read reports from quite a few adults that enjoyed it. Of course, these are probably also adults that get a kick out of a photo with Mickey - so if that's not you, maybe you won't like it as much as they do.

There is no cost associated with the KP adventures. There are several spots inside of the park to sign in for missions, if I remember correctly - the big one being at Innoventions.

Once you sign up, you are assigned a mission (a given world showcase country) and a time to complete it, something like the fast pass system. While there is no reservation, I wonder if this means that there are a finite number of missions available per day? I have heard of no one being denied, for whatever that might be worth.

Kim Possible is one of the most fun things we have done at WDW in ages.

It is very appealing to adults as it is very interactive. You will probably see things you glossed over in the past. We did 3 separate missions and a CM told us there are 7 total missions.

A little hint - you only have to use one of your park tickets to get a mission time for the two of you. We then used our other park tickets to secure more times for us. Even if they start at the same time, you only have to report to the kiosk after the start time. Kind of like a fast pass.

I also learned that it is not tied into the fast pass system yet so you are not precluded from having an outstanding fast pass and a KP mission start time.

I found all 3 missions very clever. I did it with my 14 & 11 year old kids and then my husband joined us for one of the missions. He really liked it too and he is not familiar with the character/cartoon.

It's a little confusing at first because you get your assigned time at one kiosk and report to another one for your assignment. But you report to a different country to begin. Apparently, the CMs are accustomed to explaining it to folks. They can discern a confused look from several yards away.

Kim Possible is one of the most fun things we have done at WDW in ages.

It is very appealing to adults as it is very interactive. You will probably see things you glossed over in the past. We did 3 separate missions and a CM told us there are 7 total missions.

A little hint - you only have to use one of your park tickets to get a mission time for the two of you. We then used our other park tickets to secure more times for us. Even if they start at the same time, you only have to report to the kiosk after the start time. Kind of like a fast pass.

I also learned that it is not tied into the fast pass system yet so you are not precluded from having an outstanding fast pass and a KP mission start time.

I found all 3 missions very clever. I did it with my 14 & 11 year old kids and then my husband joined us for one of the missions. He really liked it too and he is not familiar with the character/cartoon.

It's a little confusing at first because you get your assigned time at one kiosk and report to another one for your assignment. But you report to a different country to begin. Apparently, the CMs are accustomed to explaining it to folks. They can discern a confused look from several yards away.

I agree with everything you said :thumbsup2 Also love how you didn't give away the surprises. :cool1:

So I will just say: The KP Adventure made even my daughter like Epcot.

SO much better than we ever expected. Our family loved it - we only did the China one, but we would have done more if it wasn't so COLD that day.

The reason you are given a start time is so you are not close to someone else also doing the adventure, so everything will be a surprise and a mystery for you. When we were doing ours, there was a woman in her 20s who was really into it and was running through all her clues, so she was practically on top of us by the end. That kind of annoyed me, since we wanted to make all our own discoveries and not be rushed through it.

My daughter loved it so much, she pointed out every time she heard a Kim-municator. I'm sure when we go back we'll make time for another Kim Possible adventure. I absolutely recommend it.

I did it as a childless adult and loved it! Click here for my report and some more info. on it. It's free, fun, and different every time. You can request a specific country, and there are different steps within the countries that are randomized. I highly recommend it. :thumbsup2

My friend and I did ALL the missions when we were there last week! She and I are 30 and 26, respectively, and LOVED them. Aside from Mexico and Norway, I'd never really done much in the other countries besides eat -- but not only did we enjoy the actual missions, but we loved all the shops and sights we discovered along the way that we'd never paid attention to before. Honestly, as someone who wasn't a huge fan of World Showcase before, it may be my absolute favorite part of all the parks now. These are honestly a complete DO-NOT-MISS!

I went in thinking it would be sort of a scavenger type hunt and was pleasantly surprised to see all the interactive things that were involved!

1. Being empty nesters, is this something adults ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo would like on their own?
2. Is there a cost?
3. Do you need a reservation?

There is no cost to this game. It's free to play, and it is a lot of fun! :cloud9:

We just did three Kim Possible (KP) missions today. Although we had an Annual Passholder reservation, it isn't necessary. We happen to love the cartoon TV show, we even instant stream/watch it on Netflix, but that isn't necessary either...

You do not need a reservation to play this game! We told many people to try the game, and this was just our first day. Just walk up to any Kim Possible kiosk; they look like wooden pushcarts. The KP CMs will be happy to get you started with a Kimmunicator.

Okay, that phone is LOUD, so you will likely need only one phone per 2-3 people/adults. (Kids might want their own phones or whatever, but that could get really annoying for your party to wait while each phone completed the tasks.)

We are two adults, and we loved the mission we tried and can't wait to go back for more tomorrow. Several guests stopped us to ask how and where we were making the different surprises happen.

IMPORTANT TIP: According to my Kim Possible CM, they just added a new feature TWO nights ago: after you finish the game in a country, the phone/Kimmunicator will ask you if you want to continue playing a new mission to save the world in ANOTHER country (if you have time). If so, it asks YOU to pick the next country to try out. That is a very helpful feature, especially if you want to continue walking in a particular direction around the World Showcase.

If you don't have time, no big! ;) You can just select the instructions, which will guide you to drop the phone in the nearest World Showcase pavilion's dropbox.

Beware that you can't make all of the surprises happen again and again (only some of the surprises will give you that option), so keep your cameras or camcorder ready! There were some neat things that happened, which I wish we had saved on tape. Luckily, it only took us (two adults) about 15-25 minutes per country today, so we plan to do some of these again (and we have confirmed that each country's missions are not always the same every time!)

I wish Disney would bring Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable, along with Drakken and Shego out for meet and greets in the World Showcase!! :lovestruc :thumbsup2 That would be AWESOME!

IMPORTANT TIP: According to my Kim Possible CM, they just added a new feature TWO nights ago: after you finish the game in a country, the phone/Kimmunicator will ask you if you want to continue playing a new mission to save the world in ANOTHER country (if you have time). If so, it asks YOU to pick the next country to try out. That is a very helpful feature, especially if you want to continue walking in a particular direction around the World Showcase.

YES!! :woohoo:

Thank you for passing that along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter