• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kilimanjaro Safari - is one side better?

pkondz

Brace yourself for immediate disintegration
Is one side of the safari truck better than the other for seeing the animals? :confused3 I last rode a few years back so I don't remember if one side is better or not. If memory serves (and I ain't betting the farm on my memory :lmao:) the left side was better. But... what do you think?

I disagree - I think the left side is better - its better at the beginning and better for the lions at the end - the only thng specifcally set up on the right isthe elephants

It's anecdotal evidence at best, but on the safari's I've been on in the park, (maybe 10) the right side as you are facing the back of the driver seems to get a better view.

Plus you don't get potentially 'squished' like the left side does near the end of the ride. ;)

there's usually something on every side, but I must agree that I tend to prefer the left side

its not like if you are on one side you cant see the other, the thing is open all around, so, how about the middle??

the ledt is a bit better, its got the hippos (which are tough to see from the right), the lions, the flamingo pool and the best views of the elephants.

the right side has the okapi and a bit better look at the wildebeast, open plain area but those are fine from the left

Neither side is bad, but the left is better.

The animals which are always closest to the left side:

Black Rhinos - Most of the Hippos - Crocodiles - The larger collection of Elephants - Flamingos (yeah, I know - big deal) - Cheetahs - Lions - Warthogs.

thanks i never would have thought that it would have made a big difference. i guess i will go for the left side...

Ya know, I did remember the crocs being on the left side, but I couldn't remember any other specifics. Thanks for all the responses folks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter