Kids with glasses and the 3-D attractions

clsteve

"It takes a very long time to become young..."
We're heading out in 11 days for our DS7 and DS10's first trip!

Our DS7 wears glasses (and needs them). Are the 3-D glasses able to be worn over perscription ones?

And for those of you who've been to WDW with this same issue- do they work well that way or is it better for the kids's experience without the perscription glasses, even if it will be blurry?

Thanks in advance....

clsteve said:
We're heading out in 11 days for our DS7 and DS10's first trip!

Our DS7 wears glasses (and needs them). Are the 3-D glasses able to be worn over perscription ones?

And for those of you who've been to WDW with this same issue- do they work well that way or is it better for the kids's experience without the perscription glasses, even if it will be blurry?

Thanks in advance....

Yes, they fit over existing glasses. No reason to go on one and not wear them.

In my family, we all wear glasses and the 3D glasses fit over our glasses with no issues.

Just wanted to chime it. I've had glasses forever and have never had any problems with the 3D ones fitting over my glasses. They will be fine.

Enjoy The Magic!!

Agree with all the above. i wear glasses and contacts. 3D glasses work fine over the glasses...actually theres no visual difference that i notice over the glasses or contacts.

I know you have plenty of responses already, but just wanted to add that last November my five year old wore the 3-D glasses over her glasses and had no issues. She didn't complain about anything and they fit just fine over her own. Have fun!

This month was my first trip after getting glasses. All of the 3D movies and Toy Story Mania glasses worked fine. The Star Tours glasses, though, are smaller and a bit more fitted- they still worked, but were not as easy or comfortable to deal with. Probably for a 7 year old, they will be fine, but for an adult, they were't as nicely fitting as the others.

Adding to this: I use a glasses strap at WDW, not only for security on the "wilder" rides, but to keep my regular glasses snug in the 3D attractions, which helps the 3D glasses sit better over my regular ones.

Thanks everyone! and good idea on the strap for his regular glasses. It's definitely on the to-get list, now.....

DS wears glasses (can't see without them), and like everyone else, he had no problem wearing the 3D glasses over his regular glasses. We did not get a strap for his glasses, but it is a good idea. When he was looking over the side in the line of It's a Small World, all I could think about was those expensive glasses falling straight down.

My glasses are frameless so I am always concerned about the 3 D glasses touching the lenses and possibly scratching them, I just put the 3D glasses a short distance further down on my nose and it works great. I really should get a band for them, I am forever looking down at things, it would be my luck my glasses would fall off! I lost a pair of glasses in the ocean once after being hit by a wave, so the joke in my family is that "Charlie" the tuna (starkist) has on my glasses in all his pictures.

Just a non-WDW tip, as I'm guessing from your question, you may not have taken him to 3-d movies. DD (6) has worn glasses since she was 2. At the movie theater they usually have adult and kid sized glasses- when there is a choice, always get him the adult as they fit much more comfortably over a pair of glasses. I think WDW everything is one size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter