kids under 7

mumof3

Earning My Ears
Help!! In a bit of a dilemma...have a dd who is 8 in Jan...do we go now (Nov) while she is free but freeze!! or do we go in May when we have to pay for her but the weather is better?? Money or weather???

It'll make no difference going now or May as she will not be free until the free under 12s (which is after xmas). Its under 7s rather than 7 and under (I know as DD is 8 in February and she wasn't free whereas DS who is 5 was).

I cannot remember the dates for free under 12s but it definately was on during february half term as I had a quote for around £700 for 4 days in the New York hotel for all 4 of us.

HTH
Sadie

According to the current DLRP brochure (p49) "Kids Under 12 Stay, Play & Travel Free 6th January - 19th March 2008".
March might not be any warmer than November though.

Also there is the Get 1 day & l night free offer (p51) which according to the brochure can be combined with the Kids Go Free offers when dates coincide, so that might be worth considering.
The dates with free nights offer are:
4 days/3 nights for the price of 3 days/2 nights
9th November - 20th December 2007; 6th - 19th January 2008; 3rd - 6th February 2008; 7th - 12th March 2008

5 days/4 nights for the price of 4 days/3 nights or 6 days/5 nights for the price of 5 days/4nights
3rd - 7th October 2007; 9th November - 20th December 2007; 6th - 19th January 2008; 3rd - 6th February 2008; 7th - 12th March 2008

Obscure is right, its aged under 7 for the free kids just now.

Elaine

Hi mumof3 and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Hi there.

I have never been in may so not sure about the weather. I alway go in november, have to say it is very cold but if you go after the 10th of nov the christmas theming starts. It is wonderful at this time of year and with it being cold i really think it adds to the atmosphere. If i was making the decision i would choose the christmas theme over slightly warmer weather in may. Im sure whenever you decide to go you and your family will have a wonderful time.

Lisa

I have to say that I prefer DLRP when there is a theme, so if were a choice between November and Christmas season and May and regular park I'd opt for November.
Added to which in November as well as the Christmas season you'll get to experience the 15th Anniversary celebrations finishing in March 2008, and I think I'm right in saying there are some "extra night free" dates in Nov. too as an added incentive.

We've been 3 times in March, one time and our first visit it really was freezing with sleet and snow, but with plenty of hot chocolate breaks and warm clothes, it's not so bad, we went back twice more in March, so it can't be too bad.LOL
Having been in October and walked around in Tshirts I'm hopeful that November will be warmer than March usually is. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter