Kids shoes

mrsp1030

DIS Veteran
Curious as to where everyone finds best deals on kids sneakers and brands they feel hold up well. My boys go through shoes like crazy and I've always bought saucony until my oldest convinced me to buy sketchers that fell apart in one month.

6pm.com with a coupon code. My dd isn't picky so I can get her decent sneakers for <$30. My son is so I pay retail for his Nikes:(

Kohls is another good option.

Dd wears saucony or new balance. Both hold up okay.

Ds wears Nikes. I think the Nikes hold up better.

I usually buy Nikes and they last as long as the child can wear them -- sometimes 3 months, sometimes 6 months. Right now I think we're going on 8 months, probably a new record!

6pm.com or JCP is where I usually find the best deals. I usually buy Nike, Adidas, or New balance! and they hold up well. Converse also hold up pretty well if you don't need an athletic shoe. I hate sketchers. The ones made to be cool for the kids are junk, in my opinion.

Not sure if there is one by where you live, but my new go to place for kid's shoes is Nordstroms rack. My kids go through shoes like crazy, and with 4 kids I need them to be affordable and last. I have found they have the best prices. It is a little hit or miss, but I almost always find at least one pair they like in their sizes and they are always name brand. AND they have killer deals. Last time I went they were switching the stuff over and everything was $5!!! I got DD a pair of Air Jordan's for 5 bucks, DS a pair of Keens for church (also $5!) and a pair of New Balance for DD for 5 dollars!! They always have Nikes and often have UGGS, Adidas, etc. I now have a son who wears mens size 9 though, and that has been MUCH Harder. Men's shoe prices are insane. And he is only 10. :scared1:

My younger DS wears Striderite. There are a couple of outlets near here. He has to wear orthotics so needs a wide and they hold up very well.

My oldest wears Merrells in adult sizes. I have found them frequently at TJMaxx & Marshalls at half price.

6PM.com if I know the size for sure or the bargain is so great that I can risk a return. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.

Amazon - I have Amazon Prime and they have free shipping and returns on shoes so I often buy shoes for all 3 kids there. A couple of months ago I got them each a pair of Keen sneakers for $33 TOTAL. Today they have 20% off a $50 purchase of certain kids' shoes. I already had one pair in my cart for DD to wear to church and DS1 also needed church shoes. I got her a pair of Pediped Flex and DS1 a pair of leather Kenneth Cole oxfords for $60. I've also gotten many pairs of Keen sandals on Amazon for $25 or less.

Nike - I usually hit the Nike Outlet right before school starts and get DS1 his uniform shoes (black Nike Advantage runners) and some running shoes for everyone. The ones I bought them last August are just starting to wear out now and I paid less than $30 a pair for each. I won't buy Skechers at all anymore after the last few pairs I bought for DS1 were trashed in a month.

6pm.com - this can be hit or miss but I have gotten a lot of fantastic deals on shoes here. They also have free shipping but not returns. You just have to keep checking back as they update stock very regularly.

Nordstrom Rack - this is my go to place for Stride Rite shoes for my toddler. I've also been lucky finding shoes for the other two at random times as well.

I like to hunt down deals on Amazon. Sometimes you can find deals on certain styles and sizes. It does take a lot of looking around. Search by size then order by cost low to high. Each one has to be looked at individually.

Curious as to where everyone finds best deals on kids sneakers and brands they feel hold up well. My boys go through shoes like crazy and I've always bought saucony until my oldest convinced me to buy sketchers that fell apart in one month.

What was he doing to those shoes that they fell apart in a MONTH?!? I've worn Skechers almost exclusively for the past 10 or so years and mine only fall apart after 18-24 months! And I don't rotate shoes every day like some people do, but I do have 2 pairs that I go back and forth between wearing.

What was he doing to those shoes that they fell apart in a MONTH?!? I've worn Skechers almost exclusively for the past 10 or so years and mine only fall apart after 18-24 months! And I don't rotate shoes every day like some people do, but I do have 2 pairs that I go back and forth between wearing.

The kids Skechers are not made nearly as well as the adult shoes. I had the exact same issue as the previous poster with several pairs of boys' Skechers. My DS is 9 but this was almost 2 years ago.

Thanks everyone...I do shop the outlets a lot and nordstrom rack I love. Also, I find Amazon deals also...we did order a pair of Asics to try tonight as they were a $79 shoe that I snagged for $25 with coupons and all at 6pm.
He wears his shoes hard...our basketball and baseball cleats have held up well but they aren't used everyday. I am going to run to Nordstrom rack tomorrow b/c with 3 boys, I am always looking for shoes for uniforms, keens for summertime, etc..

Thanks everyone...I do shop the outlets a lot and nordstrom rack I love. Also, I find Amazon deals also...we did order a pair of Asics to try tonight as they were a $79 shoe that I snagged for $25 with coupons and all at 6pm.
He wears his shoes hard...our basketball and baseball cleats have held up well but they aren't used everyday. I am going to run to Nordstrom rack tomorrow b/c with 3 boys, I am always looking for shoes for uniforms, keens for summertime, etc..

I have gotten some great deals at big five. If you go in you can sometimes find some great deals
also amazon has some good deals also
I scored a pair of new balance shoes for 49 bucks (usually over 100)
I just search the net and the sunday ads
you boys wanted sketchers because that is what kids wear (I work at a school) they tend to like the skater type shoes
also don't forget holiday weekend sales and when my kids were young and I scored a good deal I would buy an extra pair (next size up when they are growing)
just go to those sites like big 5, sports authority, bass pro shops and check their clearance page and sign up for their email lists.
take them to a local sporting goods store or other place that has sneakers and size them there then order online

I also want to suggest Shoe Carnival and Rack Room Shoes. They often have Buy one get one half off specials. Shoe Carnival has a reward card where you earn points for cash toward shoes later on.

I have two boys, 8 and 10, and I find nikes seem to last longer than anything else. They both started the school year with nikes (mid-August) and we didn't have to buy new shoes until the beginning of March.

Good luck!

Nike, My sons Nikes have held up incredibly well. He has worn them daily since last summer and you would never know it, and that is even doing track practice so running miles in them and scout camp.

The kids' Skechers in my experience aren't nearly as well made as the adult sizes. We've had three kids' pairs of Skechers in recent years. A pair of Twinkle Toes and two of the boys' styles. All three were cute and fun and then fell apart in about 3 months. We've had much better luck with Stride Rite, Nike, and Reebok. I won't buy kids' Skechers again.

6pm.com with a coupon code. My dd isn't picky so I can get her decent sneakers for <$30. My son is so I pay retail for his Nikes:(

Kohls is another good option.

Where do you find 6pm coupon codes? I love that site and had no idea they even offered them?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter