Kids shoe lifts on the web?????

txgirl said:
My daughter is 10 and is about the height of an average 8 year old, which means she cannot ride many of the rides a 10 year old could ride. Should we lie and say she is 8 in order to get cheaper admission tickets? Should we tell her to lie about her age if asked? It's not hurting anybody is it? It seems so black and white to me. We shouldn't teach our kids to cheat....period :guilty:

On a related topic... This is one thing that really really bothers me about the children's tickets for Disney. It would make more sense to have a height restriction on the tickets than an age restriction. I do agree with not lying about ages, but if my dd and ds who are also short for their ages are unable to ride on many of rides, why should we have to pay the higher price? The local theme park here does the pricing based on height. If you are taller than 48 inches, you pay the adult price. This is also the height that most of the bigger rides require.

Just a frustrating thing for me!

AngieWin said:
On a related topic... This is one thing that really really bothers me about the children's tickets for Disney. It would make more sense to have a height restriction on the tickets than an age restriction. I do agree with not lying about ages, but if my dd and ds who are also short for their ages are unable to ride on many of rides, why should we have to pay the higher price? The local theme park here does the pricing based on height. If you are taller than 48 inches, you pay the adult price. This is also the height that most of the bigger rides require.

Just a frustrating thing for me!

Good point, but isn't that a little unfair to those children that are tall for their age? I mean, how many 3 year olds go on Tower of Terror, even if they are tall enough for it? Either way, someone is getting "cheated". I think you just have to do a law of averages. Most children fall into the 50th percentile, which is why it is the 50th, so maybe that is how age restrictions are developed...??? I don't know. I have one son over the 100th percentile (perfect age for Donald's boat, but too tall) and one in the 10th percentile (he'll probably be a teenager before he makes onto space mountain).

NeedaVacation03 said:
Just remember what we teach our children,they eventually give back to us. :magnify:

I totally agree. And as a teacher, :teacher: I'd like to add that they give it back to everyone they come in contact with!

However, the OP already made her decision and I wish her the best. Since it's a close call height-wise, I really do trust in the CM's that if it appears unsafe for her DH to ride, they *will* intervene. Telling someone they can't ride is a difficult part of the job, but I've seen them send away a person who was larger sized because the harnesses wouldn't support him on RnR so I trust they'd do the same if it appeared unsafe at the time of riding.

Aloha :flower:
Lulu

OP, Please keep in mind that just because you add 1" in lifts, doesn't mean he will measure up to "Disney" height restrictions. We took DS 5 in Dec. and he was 41" tall according to our pediatric office. He was well over the stick at Splash, just a hair over at TT and was measured twice at Kali before they determined he was just at the legal mark. So a 40" kid would not have made it that day at TT or Kali. It all depends on the measuring stick that day and the CM. We went back to TT another day and he passed with room to spare, so you just never know. There is no uniformity to the measuring devises at the rides in any of the parks. I wouldn't want you to get your DS's hopes up. If you do decide to use lifts, please tell him that he will PROBABLY be able to go on some 40" attractions, don't promise him or you may be the one disappointing him.

ok, I wasnt going to post but it was really bugging me.

please its only 1 inch not 10! Im sure that Disney added at least 6 inches from the real safety height becuase the CM surely cannot mess up on 6 inches. So even if she didnt add 1 inch he would still be fine.

someone post got me corcerned about leg length and torso length. I have never heard that Disney not let you ride if you are above the height limit but you have a short torso? You would think that the engineers that made the rides would have realised this and compesated and it wouldnt make a difference.. but what do I know,

the other thing that gets me is that the rulers arent all the same, so you might be tall enough for one ride but not the other, so my questions is for all these posters who thing the OP is a horrible parent, if you found out your child wasnt tall enough for one ride by 1 inch or so, WOULD YOU TRY AGAIN with another CM or ride?
whats the difference?

OP not sure if you found them yet but they are for adults

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1060&item=5386620251&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

All of you people giving parenting advice when she asked where to purchase an item need to mind your own business a bit better. First, saying their torso needs to be a certain size so lifters wont make them fit the harness may be true, but all 40 inch kids do not have the same length of legs and torso so how is measuring height a proper way to ensure safety then? second, the world is very overprotective.... especially when a lawsuit is possible. at work, i cannot go outside when there is a lightning storm. coming to work is still expected, and the lightning could just as well strike me when im walking into site, but at that point they are not liable. i cannot be over 4 feet off the ground without being tied off, cant walk under an overhead door and many other things im sure a lot of people take the risk at home. the only reason they have these rules is liability.

All of you people giving parenting advice when she asked where to purchase an item need to mind your own business a bit better. First, saying their torso needs to be a certain size so lifters wont make them fit the harness may be true, but all 40 inch kids do not have the same length of legs and torso so how is measuring height a proper way to ensure safety then? second, the world is very overprotective.... especially when a lawsuit is possible. at work, i cannot go outside when there is a lightning storm. coming to work is still expected, and the lightning could just as well strike me when im walking into site, but at that point they are not liable. i cannot be over 4 feet off the ground without being tied off, cant walk under an overhead door and many other things im sure a lot of people take the risk at home. the only reason they have these rules is liability.

The post is from 2005. I'm sure the OP's son is tall enough for space mountain by this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter