• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids sharing meals?

madmumof2

DIS Veteran
Is it fine to order one meal to share between my two children (3 and 6?) and just ask for an extra plate?.

Reason being, they don't have a massive appetite and I know the portions over there are much bigger than my portions, so I doubt they'll finish a full dinner. Save me some pennies too! lol

You didn't say if you were on the Dining Plan. People share on the Dining Plan all the time (just not at buffets as the PP said). If you are paying OOP you will certainly have no problems. I often shared an adult CS meal with my daughter and it was still too much. If we got something light between us we would often add a side of fries or a fruit bowl. In fact, if she ordered off the kids menu it was purely because she wanted something I didnt care for. We didn't share at TS though because we always ate at buffets to accommodate us two picky eaters and a food allergy so I can't vouch for that.

Oh, I just saw your countdown....!! Have a GREAT TIME. Maybe you could report back to us when your return. ENJOY, I hope it is fantastic for you all!!!:cheer2:

my experience is that you d be better sharing with you 3 yr old, and leaving the 6yo to choose, i dont think the portions at cs meals for kids were massive enough to share, however at ts meals it is easily done!
have a great trip
tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter