Kids: Resort ages Vs. Dining and Ticket ages

ktnryansmom

Mouseketeer
Just checked my reservation for the resort and it shows 1 adult 2 kids (they are 10, 12)

Apparently the resorts list them as kids if they are under 18.

Now, tickets and dining plan should have my kids listed as adults because they are over age 9...

I called and they couldn't tell me anything--I have to have my TA call.

Has anyone else run into this? I want to be sure the tickets and meals I paid for are infact for my "adult" kids as I wouldn't have done the dining plan if I was paying for kid meals....

if you've been there done that can you help me?

As long as they are booked under the correct ages, they will be counted/charged as adults for the tickets and DDP. Anyone 17 or under is considered a "kid" as far as the room goes and will be listed as such on the reservation (18 and older is considered an "adult" and is charged extra if more than 2 adults in the room), but as far as tickets and DDP, kids 3-9 are charged the child prices and kids 10+ are charged the adult prices.

Could you go to Disney's website and price a trip for exactly what you have and see if it matches? I would think it would be fine, the TA would have had to give their ages when she/he booked the trip.

Rooms - 17 and under are kids
Tickets - 10 and under are kids
Restaurants - 9 and under are kids

Makes no sense.

donaldduck1967 said:

Makes no sense.

Tickets are 9 and under
Restaurants are 9 and under also for the dining plan.

bigbabyblues said:
Could you go to Disney's website and price a trip for exactly what you have and see if it matches? I would think it would be fine, the TA would have had to give their ages when she/he booked the trip.

I did this the other day. My TA sent me a message with just the run down and it didn't have specifics so I did a comparison and realized it was wrong. So she called and fixed it for me.

If you are older than 17 you are an adult at WDW. If you are three to nine years old, you are a guest 3-9. If you are a guest aged ten or older, you are a guest 10+. Kids are not adults at age 10. They are just guests, aged 10+

I'm back...still confused.

so, my reservation on disney.com says this:

4 Nights, 5 Days Check in after 3:00:00pm,
Moderate Resort Downtown Disney Resort Area Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside-Standard View Discount MYW Pkg + Dining 2013 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2013 Table Service Meals - Child, 2013 Quick Service Meals

Why it say CHILD in any of the meal plans if they are 10 & 12? Am I gonna run into problems at the restaurants?

I'm so confused.

donaldduck1967 said:

Makes no sense.

This really doesnt make sense...who came up with this? Craaazy

This really doesnt make sense...who came up with this? Craaazy

If you are older than 17 you are an adult at WDW. If you are three to nine years old, you are a guest 3-9. If you are a guest aged ten or older, you are a guest 10+. Kids are not adults at age 10. They are just guests, aged 10+

but my reservation, even with their ages listed (10 & 12) shows a "CHILD" dining plan

SEE THIS:

Dining 2013 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2013 Table Service Meals - Child, 2013 Quick Service Meals

isn't that odd????

I'm back...still confused.

so, my reservation on disney.com says this:

4 Nights, 5 Days Check in after 3:00:00pm,
Moderate Resort Downtown Disney Resort Area Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside-Standard View Discount MYW Pkg + Dining 2013 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2013 Table Service Meals - Child, 2013 Quick Service Meals

Why it say CHILD in any of the meal plans if they are 10 & 12? Am I gonna run into problems at the restaurants?

I'm so confused.

That doesn't really seem to give any specific details. I would get your TA to confirm the actual ages of your kids. With the dining plan, yes it will impact because a "child" (3-9) will be required to order off the children's menu when using DDP. So while it could save $ to try and pass the 10-yr-old off as a year younger (and I'm not suggesting you do this) - it would definitely impact the dining plan if you didn't want to deal with the kids menu.

Enjoy your vacation!

I am kind of wondering the same thing...DD is now 10 and we paid our package with her as a ten year old meaning adult prices for park tickets and meal plan. Being listed as a child for the package is fine as long as we are given adult meal allotments for her.

I remember when Disney used to run the ads for a vacation for a family of 4 starting at "x" amount of dollars. If you read the fine print, it was for two adults, one child, and one junior. By junior they meant those who were needed adult tickets to get in the parks, but still were children (under 18) for the hotel. If all those who had to pay adult prices for tickets were classified as adults for the room, you would have been charged the extra amount for more than 2 adults in the room. Maybe they should go back to this classification to help with understanding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter