Kids Rain Ponchos?

mittmee mouse

Mouseketeer
I'm stalking weather.com now, and it looks like spotted showers for our trip next week. Anyone know where I can get ponchos for the family, kids included?

I got some at The Dollar Tree before our last trip. They were cheap and flimsy, but easy to tote around and worked fairly well. They were 2 for a dollar. Our Target has some better quality ones in their Camping section as well. But, you can always by the cuter, more durable ones when you're at WDW(check my avatar:goodvibes). Have fun!

I'm stalking weather.com now, and it looks like spotted showers for our trip next week. Anyone know where I can get ponchos for the family, kids included?

The dollar tree has 2 packs for $1 but we bought the Coleman brand rain ponchos at Target for the adults and my youngest got a Disney rain poncho from Target down there. I want to say it was $4.99 but cannot remember. We bought it in June this trip (had one 2 years ago and had to use it) but never used it. We took it back with us the first week of October and still did not have to use it.

Have fun and even if it does rain it will hopefully only be a quick shower.

The dollar tree has 2 packs for $1 but we bought the Coleman brand rain ponchos at Target for the adults and my youngest got a Disney rain poncho from Target down there. I want to say it was $4.99 but cannot remember. We bought it in June this trip (had one 2 years ago and had to use it) but never used it. We took it back with us the first week of October and still did not have to use it.

Have fun and even if it does rain it will hopefully only be a quick shower.

So, the Target in FL carries the WDW rain poncho's? I will have to look into that. I have the Dollar Tree ones but they are disposable it seems - can only wear them once before they rip.

Just checked our Dollar Tree - and no rain ponchos. Perhaps it's because we are heading toward winter here in MN? Not sure. I think I'll just bite the bullet and get the Disney ones if we need them.

Just checked our Dollar Tree - and no rain ponchos. Perhaps it's because we are heading toward winter here in MN? Not sure. I think I'll just bite the bullet and get the Disney ones if we need them.

If it makes you feel any better, we are going on our 3rd trip with the rain poncho for my DD that we bought in the parks. I think we have spent the same amount of $$ on the disposable ones from the dollar tree. PLus, the ones you get there are way cuter!

So, the Target in FL carries the WDW rain poncho's? I will have to look into that. I have the Dollar Tree ones but they are disposable it seems - can only wear them once before they rip.

The Target near Animal Kingdom Lodge has an entire section of Disney clothes near the front of the store. I passed by it quickly when running in for something one night and meant to go back for some shopping, but didn't have time. Anyway - moral of the story is that I would expect them to have other Disney items too.

The Target near Animal Kingdom Lodge has an entire section of Disney clothes near the front of the store. I passed by it quickly when running in for something one night and meant to go back for some shopping, but didn't have time. Anyway - moral of the story is that I would expect them to have other Disney items too.

Fabulous! We have a rental car so I will check it out. Thanks.;)

Yes, the one on Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway has a large selection of Disney stuff. We hit this one every time we are there.

We have gotten so many of the cheap ones and they never work. They always get torn up, and they don't do a very good job at keeping you dry in the first place. I would definitely say that you are much better off by just buying the nicer ones at the parks. They actually work, and they are much cuter. On our last vacation to WDW, we got poored on while waiting in line for Fantasmic, if we wouldn't of had them we would of been soaked! :laughing:

I would definitely say that you are much better off by just buying the nicer ones at the parks. They actually work, and they are much cuter.

I think I have to agree with this, but we've never used non-Disney ponchos so I can't say for sure. We bought our Disney ponchos many, many trips ago and have used them several times since. We bought a cheap poncho at Walmart for DD's stroller and it is significantly thinner than the Disney ponchos so I don't think it would hold up as well or for as long.

We picked up some standard blue ponchos (not the garbage bag type!) for our boys at Walmart recently. They seem to be decent quality too. I believe they were $4-5 each.

Anyone know a price on the park ones?

7.04 plus tax. Odd price, huh? I'm looking at a receipt from buying a couple at the end of August though. (14.99 after tax price for two, and we haven't used 'em since that day!) I'm keeping all of our Disney receipts in an envelope this year to total up next July. :goodvibes

7.04 plus tax. Odd price, huh? I'm looking at a receipt from buying a couple at the end of August though. (14.99 after tax price for two, and we haven't used 'em since that day!) I'm keeping all of our Disney receipts in an envelope this year to total up next July. :goodvibes

Thanks! Good to know what I'm getting into if I can't find any here.

Definatley the dollar store. They sell them in the parks, but you do not want to pay those prices if you don't have to.

Since the weather in Orlando can be unexpected sometimes, my family always packs rain ponchos. You usually can find packs of 2 ponchos at the Dollar Tree. Not absolutely the best quality, but they keep you dry and are way cheaper than the ones at the parks, which I think can get up to like $5 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter