Kids Program on RCCL vs DCL

MandM

Mouseketeer
We are looking at 2 different cruise options between RCCL and DCL. The RCCL ship is Mariner of the Seas (from the mega ship family). We've been on both and know the kids program on DCL but we went with another adult couple on RCCL. Anybody out there been on both with kids? how was the kids package on RCCL?

Ive done the Magic twice and the RCCL Navigator of the Seas(sister ship of Mariner) once and my kids loved the Navigator kids clubs.

I wouldnt hesitate again to sail on one of the voyager class shipss. If it makes any difference my kids were 5 & 8 when we sailed Navigator

We are going on the Mariner for the first time next month (June) and I will let you know my thoughts when we return. We have only cruised DCL (3 times) w/ 3 boys so that is all we know. We are leaving DCL because on our last cruise we were all bored and needing more to do. My boys are older now (12/16/18) and are looking forward to the Mega Class Voyager Ship. I hope we made the right choice!

we are reading the RCCL catalog right now, and according to the brochure there is a charge of $5 per child per hour from 10pm to 1am.

I just cruised the mariner last feb. My 8 year old daughter had a blast. She had sooooo much fun in the club.

After 10pm it it called the party zone and there is a charge of five dollars per hour. She never wanted to leave. There was no laying down watching movies, it was all organized fun and games. The counselors were outstanding.

The ship was jaw dropping georgous. DH and I missed the magic, we dont need all the glitz, we like the style of the magic muc h better. Theres nothing bad to say. The service was outstanding. It is just our taste. Classic elegance and lighthearted music and fun of a disney cruise.

All of our kids actually preferred the rccl. go figure.(we have 2 teens also)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter