Kid's Pirate Adventure

Does anyone know what happens if you have scheduled the pirate cruise and it rains? Just wondering if they still go out or do they let you go another day?

Does anyone know what happens if you have scheduled the pirate cruise and it rains? Just wondering if they still go out or do they let you go another day?

I just booked it for my 3 in October, and the CM said they will cancel if it rains.

My DS 4 had the best time after he realized that there was no "monster" in the bay. Watched too much POC. :confused3 He did the Albatross and they even "snuck" into Epcot before we went there later that day. He was really excited about that. They went around looking for clues to find the treasure. Here are some pics.
My little pirate
100_0320.jpg

The Albatross
100_0323.jpg

The captains
100_0335.jpg

I'm sending him and his cousin 9 again this summer. I hope he has a good time showing his cousin what to do.

My kids did the pirate adventure 3 years ago and loved it. I felt that they were very cautious with the kids and watched them carefully.
My boys still have some of their loot and one even word his Mickey Pirate hat for Halloween.
My husband and I enjoyed the time of peace and quiet at the Grand Floridian.
It was something different to do at Disney.

Sorry - promised pics of the GF pirate cruise ages ago and didn't get round to it. Here are some for anyone who still wants to see them.....

8caece82.jpg

111ba5ef.jpg

b724c020.jpg

1b2b638a.jpg

088719c7.jpg

4bd82024.jpg

Does anyone have pictures of the POR pirate cruise. My kids would love tot see the boat they are going to ride on. Are the reservations 180 days out like ADR or is it a different time frame. We are going at Easter.

My kids did the pirate adventure 3 years ago and loved it. I felt that they were very cautious with the kids and watched them carefully.
My boys still have some of their loot and one even word his Mickey Pirate hat for Halloween.
My husband and I enjoyed the time of peace and quiet at the Grand Floridian.
It was something different to do at Disney.

How long does the pirate cruise last? What age group would you reccommend for? Thanks

How long does the pirate cruise last? What age group would you reccommend for? Thanks

The cruise at the GF lasted for 2 hours. DD was 6 and she loved it but there wa sa wide range of ages there. Some older and some younger than her. All the kids seemed to have a great time.

My boys did this last October and LOVED it! We scheduled it for the first full day we were there so it got their Disney adventure started in grand style! DH and I spent the 2 hours exploring the GF and having a quiet breakfast.

I just found this thread through a search and wanted to get some more inside information regarding the kids pirate adventures. I am planning on surprising my kids with this experience. I am trying to decide between the Alabtross Cruise or the Pirate Adventure from the Grand Floridian. I was hoping to get some more info as to what each experience is really like. Are they all as equally pirate-ity as the next one? My younger DS loves pirates and is always dressing up in his pirate garb. Which one would you choose for your children to do?

My pics of my DD's Pirate Adventure are further up this page and we did the one at the GF. I would totally trecommend it but as we have not done the other one I can'y say if it is better or not.

I will cut and paste what I wrote in my trip report about it if that helps!

One of the days DE has been looking forward to. She used some birthday money to pay for a Pirate Adventure at the Grand Floridian. I learned about this activity on another forum and though she would love it. I wondered if it would be just little boys but in actual fact it was about 50:50 split. We arrive at the hotel with pretty much no time to spare so had to valet park. The trip meets at the marina so we literally run through the GF to get there in time. We arrive and DE goes with a Cast Member to get organised. They get a life jacket to wear and also a bandana with Mickey Ears on it to put on. They all looked very cute!
All the kids gathered and then made their way onto the Pirate Ship after getting a buddy. It was a great little boat. Very well decorated to look like a real pirate ship - complete with the Jolly Roger! They practiced their “aaarrrrhhhh”s and off they sailed! We could hear them yelling it at other boats as they went out! Madness!
DH, DK and I went to the monorail and and headed for the Magic Kingdom. On the monorail we could see the pirate ship sailing about the lagoon.
Before we know it its time to go back and collect our little pirate. We took the boat back which was lovely. I love the GF - its such a pretty resort.
We got back with time to spare and chatted with another Mum waiting for her 2 kids to come back. A boatful of pirates returned making a lot of noise and it is clear they have had a great time. It seems that they have been finding pieces of a treasure map and looking for the chest. One of the cast members decided to steal the chest but they left her on an island. She managed to get a speedboat and she came back. After forgiving her they brought back the treasure chest. During this time they had a lunch on the beach (PB&J sandwiches, goldfish crackers and a juice box). When the boat docked they opened the chest and found a little treasure bag for each of them containing beads, rings, a telescope, etc. They also got to keep their ears.
DE loved this trip and it was relatively inexpensive so big thumbs up for this one. You need to book obviously but DE really enjoyed the fact that she got to do this on her own and be independent. Many parents who put all their kids into this activity were especially excited about having 2 hours to themselves – child free!!! I could see their point. Maybe next time when DK will be old enough we will do the same. DK has really missed her sister and is pleased to see her. DE shard her loot bag with her so that was really sweet.

I think I might be the first person whose child didn't really like it. My son and his friends both 6 went in Aug. They were both beyond excited thinking it was going to be their favorite part of the whole trip. They said it was just ok. I was very disappointed. I also didn't like that they only offer PBJ. My son can't stand it, so he went hungry. Too bad cause I thought it was going to be amazing.

We did the pirate cruise when our kids were 4 & 6. I was extremely nervous about doing this. Once we got to the GF, the cast members were great in getting the right life vests fitted. The CMs were friendly and professional.

Once they took off on their adventure, DH and I were able to have a nice breakfast at the GF Cafe. We were able to eat slowly and relaxed:rotfl: :rotfl:

The little pirates returned promptly singing pirate songs and carrying their loot. I don't know if the lunch of pb&j uncrustables is all that great but the experience and photo ops were well worth the $28.:thumbsup2

My little girl will not eat PB&J sandwiches but she just left them. It was not really a big deal for her. She was too busy enjoying the cruise. I suppose if you had asked they may have provided an alternative? Might be worth a try?:)

My kids have done both the Albatross cruise (YC/BC) and the Pirate Cruise at the GF lots of times. The first time they were 4, 5 and 6. THey always love it. Last year my dgs' (5 and 7) did the Albatross Cruise and they are still talking about it. I think it may have been the 5 year old's favorite thing at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter