Kids on Cruise

LHM2001

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering how it works with our kids on the cruise - they are 7, 9 and 11 - we are going on the Disney Dream 3 night cruise in Feb (first time disney cruise, first time cruise!). I understand that there are snacks and ice cream and stuff at Flo's cafe by the pools that are included. Can the kids go and get something themselves or do they have to have a parent with them? how does that work?

They do not need a parent to get food. Whether you let them wander the ship by themselves is up to you.

I have definitely let my 8 year old run up to get ice cream as long as he knows to come straight back down. But I would wait until at least a couple days into the cruise - in can be confusing at first finding your way around. Our first cruise was 14 days on the Magic and we all go to know our way around the ship pretty good. Our next cruise, on the Wonder, was pretty much the same layout, so after a couple days, I knew that he knew how to get to and from the room, and it literally would only take him 5 minutes. If he abused the privilege I would end it.

GatorMomInNC said:
I have definitely let my 8 year old run up to get ice cream as long as he knows to come straight back down. But I would wait until at least a couple days into the cruise - in can be confusing at first finding your way around. Our first cruise was 14 days on the Magic and we all go to know our way around the ship pretty good. Our next cruise, on the Wonder, was pretty much the same layout, so after a couple days, I knew that he knew how to get to and from the room, and it literally would only take him 5 minutes. If he abused the privilege I would end it.

Everyone is different but I'd never let my kid roam out of site on a ship.. I wouldn't let my kid do that at the mall, resort or a Disney park either at that age though either. Some people do. It's not as much about my kid as it is about the potential creeps out there. I'd let him go get it by himself as long as I could see him though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter