Kids Nite Out

aj11099

Earning My Ears
How many people have used this service? I am leary about leaving my children with a sitter even at the happiest place on earth but we need a nite out alone. I realize that people won't reply with bad experiences but how many people have used this company? Any replies would be appreciated....thanks!

We used Kids Night Out last Oct. The older woman who came was wonderful! We were a little shakey about using a babysitting service, but we knew that our DS8 would inform us later of any problems. When we got back, the kids really had a great time. We would use the service again if we needed. :thumbsup2

Did you contain him to the room or allow them out around the hotel? I know they've said that they can not do anything related to water but can take them to the arcade or whatever. I have 2 ds, 7 and just about 2. I would hate for them to be couped up but can't imagine them paying attention to two of them while out, although they are experienced and I do it....I don't know, guess I am just really worried about leaving them.

At the time our kids were DS2, DD4, DS8. We were staying at a cabin in Ft. Wilderness, so they had a little more room than a regular room. The sitter came with a bunch of toys and coloring books for the kids to play with, and she asked if she could take them to the playground at the Fort. Hope that helps. I think you can request an older sitter, and a male or female.

We used them in April for our 5 and 1 year old. We gave her permission to take them to the playground. She also brought along some coloring pages.

The sitter was young (mid 20s) but with a heavy French accent which my DS had some trouble understanding. Everything worked out fine, but I think my DS would have prefered to go to the kids club.

We have never used Kids Night Out. But we have used All About Kids three times in the past four years and been VERY pleased with them each and every time. They were wonderful to the point of our kids asking if they could spend another day with the sitter instead of going to a theme park!! We have three boys who are now 9,6 and 5. So since our youngest was an infant and our oldest was about 6 we have been using them and they have kept our kids entertained and happy at each age. I cannot speak highly enough about them!! I guess my highest compliment is that we would leave our own kids with them again.

Here is the web address: www.All-About-Kids.com

I would use them again with no hesitation. And I am one over protective and picky parent! :)

We ALWAYS use the kids camps. The one at the Poly. is the best. They have movies, arts and crafts, free video games, and even a kids "buffet" dinner. Last time the kids liked it so much they asked if we could go on another "grown ups only" niight so they could go back!

Used Kids Nite Out in March and LOVED our sitter, Claire (I believe). She took them to the play ground and brought a lot of toys and stuff for them to do.

I would use the again, for sure!

How old are the children? If they're over 4 (I think) and potty trained, they can go to one of the kid's clubs instead. But I know that's not an option for younger kids. I've taken my nephew to the kid's club at the Wilderness Lodge and the Beach Club. He LOVES it. He went at age 7 and age 8. He'd like to go 2-3 nights a trip if he could!

But he is an only child, so wanted to go play with some kids. Also, I felt it was "safer" in that there were 2-3 "teachers" and lots of kids. Not that the one on one with the sitter coming to your room isn't safe, but I'm an overprotective aunt.

two boys, 7 and just about 2 (end of Sept) so I feel comforted knowing that the older is mature and would be able to detect if something were not right or something went wrong. I guess it is just normal feelings when someone you don't know is about to watch your kids, no one can take care of them like you can.....but then again, we ARE in Disney :woohoo:

We've used KNO twice now. First time, my boys were 4 and 16 months; we stayed at FW cabins. It was an older woman and we brought a couple videos for them to watch. I was displeased with some aspects; she was definitely old school in her approach.

Second time, it was at AKL. I felt bad that they didn't have much space so I let the young lady take them to the playground. In hindsight, I wouldn't have allowed this since my by now 2-yr-old kept wandering (I hadn't been to the playground/pool there yet so didn't know they were so close). She was fine, pleasant, not super bubbly toward the kids though.

Pretty sure we'll use them again next month though we will keep our littlest one with us on our date. I feel confident that my 6-year-old will be eyes and ears as he has been the past two times. We'll be at WL so I am not sure what kind of excursions to approve ... I wish there was a vcr or dvd player in the rooms so I could limit them to staying there.

They are both so excited to try the kids' clubs. Next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter