Kids Menus in dining rooms

CaptainMorgan

Earning My Ears
My kids are very picky eaters. I know they will like the buffet but I was wondering if someone could give me some ideas of the items available on the kids menus in the dining rooms...are there even kids menus or just the one menu?? :confused3 Thanks

I have picky eaters too, there is a seperate menu for the little ones, mac and cheese, pizza, chicken fingers, burgers, Mickey Pasta. If I could make one recommendation, don't let your kids order the chicken noodle soup mine did and oh goodness it has veggies in it, I liked it but they were like this isn't Campbells mommy. My 2 little ones love salad and when I say salad I mean just leaves and our server would bring them lettus leaves every night and ask them if they were rabbits. My kids did not go hungry and they even tried somethings that I was surprised that they would try.

If you have the chance to pick up a Passporter it has a whole page about Kids' dining.

Thank you...I looked at the menus and I'm resting easy...my kids will be thrilled with those choices!! :banana:

The wait staff will also take orders for things not on the menu.

Our kids love buttered noodles. This was no problem.

Ditto on the no chicken soup. It is bland.

Both cruises we took the kids on we encouraged them to try something different from the main menu, and that they could always order something else from the kids menu if they didn't like what they ordered.
Two seven day cruises, 1 on Disney, 1 on HAL, never had to resort to ordering a second item.
The only bad news, both kids discovered how good Filet Migneon is. :eek: :crazy2: :eek: :crazy2: :eek::eek: :crazy2:

Ohhh, some of those menu items look yummy for me! I would love Mozarella sticks or chicken fingers as an appetizer once or twice. mmm. I am sure an all adult party could request kid's menus each night. right? :)

Of course! ;) I always got an extra so that I could bring them home for the scrapbook. You can order the Mickey bar off the kid's menu too. :)

And the puzzles on the kids menu are fun for grownups also. BTW, on DCL the Ravioli is shaped like MICKEY. Mickey Ravioli. DD the CM(26) had it one night just cause she wanted to.

On our last cruise my son was going through a stage where all he really wanted was cheese sticks. He was so excited when he saw them on the menu before we left. Our first night at dinner they didn't have them on the menu and he was upset. Our server got some from another dining room and made sure that every night he had cheese sticks for my son. It really made his day. If there is something they want, just ask.

Linda

our children are also picky eaters.
if there is something that isnt on the menu, but you saw the day before
just ask. the server will have it sent from the other dining room.

Fortunately my kids are not picky, but I loved the idea that the kids could pick off the adult menu too! My DS loves steak! So - be sure to have them look over that escargo :rotfl: Seriously - my boys did want to try it. They wanted to be able to go home and tell their friends. I kinda think they liked it.

But rest assured - between the kids menus and the adult menus and the ability to make special requests, any picky child should have no problems!!!

3xthecharm said:
The wait staff will also take orders for things not on the menu.

Our kids love buttered noodles. This was no problem.

Ditto on the no chicken soup. It is bland.

Thanks for the buttered noodle tip! It's my DS's (6) alltime favorite side dish! :thumbsup2

Just a warning to some with picky eaters...most of the kid's meals on plates also have a serving of mixed veggies on the plate. We made sure that our servers know that DS wouldn't touch anything if they were there...and he never saw one. ;)

My DS6 is looking forward to the Lobster Tails !! Something he dosen't get to offten at home.

Oh, praise the lord!! I was just going to ask if the kids could eat off the adult menus :)

This will make them SO happy! They love "real" food :)

Kimmielee said:
Thanks for the buttered noodle tip! It's my DS's (6) alltime favorite side dish! :thumbsup2

On the Magic you can also order buttered noodles at Goofy's Galley next to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter