kids & memorable character meals

kgreen

Mouseketeer
i am head over heels for disney planning! :) i went when i was younger, but am planning my families first wdw trip. i am so excited to watch my son meet the characters. any one care to you share your most memorable character dining experiences? i have not been to one, but i look forward to 1900 park fare, chef mickey's, cinderella's royal table, ohana's best friends breakfast, & tusker house breakfast. i know he will love it, i can't wait to see the character's in action.

On our last vacation we went to 1900 Park Fare for my daughters 10th birthday. My brother his DGF, my other DD, and my father were there as well. We loved seeing the stepsisters and stepmother. At one point, my brother being who he is asked the one stepsister, I think the one in green, why she wears so much makeup. For a second I thought he caught her off guard...but nope...she replied as she got closer and closer to him, "to get the boys of course". My brother, who is 23, turned all different shades of red. We could not stop laughing. As we were leaving she again spotted my brother from across the room and told him that she would be ready for him to pick her up at 10. He almost ran out of there. It was one of the best evenings we had and something they all still talk about. Enjoy your vacation!

I was at Disney this past February with my grand children who were 5 and 1 both boys. We ate at the Crystal Place and the Cape May Beach Club. They just loved it. I did to since I am a "Big Kid" myself. Next trip this coming Nov with the grand girls who are 5 and almost 3 yr old twin girls planing Crystal Place and Aucker House(?sp) with Snow White and the Drawfts. Have fun planning your tripe I live and breathe Disney.:dance3:

I don't know the age of your son, but my kids LOVED Pooh & Friends at Crystal Palace. They went at 2.5 and 3.5, and still talk about it and want to go again next April (they'll be 5).

For our trip, we're planning Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus Princess, Chef Mickey's, and Pirate and Pals Fireworks cruise.

When DS7 turned 4, we took him on his first trip to WDW for his birthday. We had tickets to the Pirate and Princess Party (I really wish they would bring it back!!) so he got dressed up in his Capt. Jack Sparrow costume and we went to Chef Mickey for his birthday dinner before heading to MK. The look on his face when Donald Duck brought out his Pirate Mickey birthday cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday is something I will never forget!!

I read that kids who wear stepsister shirts/costumes tend to get a lot of attention at 1900 PF, because so many girls wear Cinderella dresses. So I made shirts for my DDs with the help of the wonderful people on the Creative Disigns board. :lovestruc DD6 had Drizella on her shirt, and DD4 had Anastasia.

We got the BEST reactions all night long! Drizella spent several minutes talking to us, then dragged over Cinderella (who had already been at our table once). She asked if Cindy was jealous. She said no, she thought they were wonderful. D said "Yep, she's soooo jealous!" :rotfl:

Then A came to our table and started SHRIEKING! Our video is hilarious, because the whole restaurant goes silent for just a second, and people all around us are staring. :rotfl2: She yelled across the dining room, "DRIZELLA! Did you see their shirts?" So D came back over to our table, and they got into an argument about whose shirt was better. "Hers is better." "Well, I like hers better." (each pointing the the shirt featuring themselves, of course) "Clearly this sister has better fashion sense."

We've had lots great character meals in our 3 trips, but the video of that meal still makes me laugh until I cry. :lmao:

love hearing those stories! keep them coming. my son just turned 8 this month, but will be 9 when we are at disney world. we plan on staying at the contemporary, i am excited for chef mickey's! i told my son, i went to disney when i was 3 months pregnant with him, & mickey patted my belly.. i wish i would have got a photo of that.

i told my son, i went to disney when i was 3 months pregnant with him, & mickey patted my belly.. i wish i would have got a photo of that.

:lovestruc I have a pic like that in a box frame with a Mickey toy in my DDs room! She will meet him for the 1st time just before she turns 4 but we do tell her thats the 1st time she 'really' met him ;)

We did Cindy's RT, Hoolywood & Vine, 1900 and Chef Mickey's. My 5 year old wore her Minnie dress and ears to Chef Mickey's. All the characters fussed over her, but especially Minnie - who pointed to their dresses and hugged her - and best of all Mickey. He pointed at DD, then pointed to his heart and did his hands like his heart was pounding. DD was over the moon!
My 10 year old DD and DH loved 1900. DH made a smart remark to stepmom, and she zinged him back. Stepmom loved when DD said she wasn't a big princess fan. 5 year old DD was fresh from Bibidi Bobbiddi and Cinderella recognized her as "her friend Ariel", and the the stepsisters and stepmom called her Ariel. And stepmom called her "fishgirl".

We loved all the character meals. Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter