Kids in Hot tubs?

Macnjac87

got disney?
Hi-
Just reading my Disney cruise brochure and it states that no children under the age of 16 are allowed in any of the hot tubs aboard the Magic or Wonder. Can anyone tell me from personal experience if this this enforced? (I hope so!)

Thanks all!

In a word...NO!!! We have sailed DCL 10 times and that is one thing that does bother me, especially at the Goofy Pool. Large groups of young kids get in there and never get out!! We have never been able to get into a hot tub at the Goofy Pool. Parents are in there with them, even young babies...so, parents are either not aware that 16 and under are not allowed or they don't care. I have never seen a CM ask anyone under 16 to leave the hotbubs.

MJ

I agree with mmouse. They do not enforce this rule. I actually didn't even know it was a rule, until I read this post. The hot tubs around the goofy pool are very crowded with kids. They like to jump into it like it is a real pool.

Now on our last Magic cruise this past May, I have to say the wind kept it a bit cool for swimming. The hot tubs became the main pool for the kids who wanted to get wet, but not cold.

Not enforced at all. You will find kids in the hot tub by the family pool. I head for the adult pool which is less crowded and usually doesn't have children

My kids went into the hot tubs for about 10 minutes one day. It was full of kids, so never thought it was not allowed. I did not see anything saying that it was for 16 & older. I probably missed the sign. CM was standing right by it & never said a word.
:confused:

This is news to me too...
Our 10 year old daughter went in with DW and I. Never realized or saw a sign prohibiting her. Thought if they were with an adult it was OK.
I had only thought that was in the adult pool.

Well will check next time and if so will have to say no :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

We were just on the Wonder and I could have sworn that the sign by the Goofy hot tub said that children 16 and under had to be accompanied by an adult and not that they weren't allowed in. There is no policing by the crew though and I was very disappointed with that. We saw many adults who had drinks in their hands while in the family hot tub as well as unsupervised children. There was lots of running from the hot tubs to jumping full force into the Goofy pool from the wooden deck. I actually had to pull my DD out for a while because of all the rough housing that was going on. I thought for sure someone was going to jump in right on top of her.

This is one area that should have been better supervised. I agree with everything Tammi said - I was on the same cruise.

Additionally ... some kids were not properly attired (underwear is not proper swimwear) and I was surprised that staff did not challenge this.

I was on the same cruise as Tammi and Bill and saw the same thing. The hot tub was constantly packed with unsupervised kids. To top it off, while we were at the Mickey pool, a family had a baby,i would say less then a year old, in the pool , not the splash area, with a diaper and shorts on. When asked by a CM to put the child in a swim diaper, all they did was remove the old diaper and put him in basically bare butt with with a pair of shorts on. And this was in the pool. Needless to say we didn't stay much longer. I later heard they had to drain and scrub the Mickey pool. I wonder why??? LOL

Originally posted by Macnjac87
Hi-
Just reading my Disney cruise brochure and it states that no children under the age of 16 are allowed in any of the hot tubs aboard the Magic or Wonder

Is this in the brochure or the cruise docs?

The brochure is advertising, and not worth the paper it's printed on.

Besides, if you're going to the family pool, why should you care if there are kids in hot tub? Head to the adult pool instead.

This is what the website says:
What about the swimming pools?
There are three great Guest pools on board. The largest invites families to play together. Another is a quiet getaway exclusively for those over 18. And finally, the whimsical Mickey's Pool is reserved just for the little ones. There are no lifeguards permanently stationed at the pools, so kids should only swim with parental supervision. Spas near the pools are available for the use of Guests over the age of 16 only.

Does Disney consider a hot tub a spa???

Why Disney would put a hot tub next to the FAMILY pool and not expect children to use it? Seems unrealistic to expect (potty-trained) kids to keep out. Kids like hot tubs, too!! In any event, I can't imagine any adult disturbed by kids would enjoy hot tubbing by the family pool. If there is a hot tub near the adult pool, I'd try that one. It's got to be quieter. Or late at night?

"why should you care if there are kids in hot tub?"

I care because I like to use the hot tubs - and kids don't belong in them for a number of reasons.

I have 3 kids and while they are using the kids pool, I would like to be able to use the hot tubs in that area.

I just wish Disney would enforce their own rules.

Do we know what the sign by the family pool hot tub say????
My recollection was no children under 16 unless accompanied by adults. I stand to be corrected as we didn't use it on the last cruise but does anyone know for sure?

Cheers,
Grumbo

We had no trouble with kids in the hot tubs...................they couldnt get in, as there were constantly "fatties" in them!No room for this little Brit!Probably for the best, as Im none too keen on being faced with acres of bare flesh in close proximity!Good luck to them I say, but wish the hot-tubs were just a little bigger! Nat:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Grumbo
Do we know what the sign by the family pool hot tub say????

Looked at all my pics of the family pool hot tub areas for signs. The small signs inside the hot tub grotto say "Watch Your Step" and on the next line says "Thank You."

I do not see other signs inside the grotto in my pictures, but I don't go around taking pictures of signs, so I could have missed it.

I did, however, find a "Whilrpool Rules" sign in a photo, but the text is too small to make out in my shot. All I can read is the hours of operation from the photo. This sign is posted outside the grotto, but is in plain view for consumption. Now if anyone can post the legend of that sign...

Just a tidbit....

I've never been on a Disney cruise (yet!), but on both the DCL DVD and the Travel Channel's DCL special, it shows children in the hot tubs. If there is a policy against it, would it be part of their advertising?

Also, the water temperature in the hot tubs near the Goofy Pool is much lower than the temperature in the hot tubs near the adult pool. I think DCL expects children to use those tubs, or they would keep them much warmer. My feeling is that either DCL needs to enforce their rules (no one under 16) or adults will have to go to the adult pool.

Denae

We had no trouble with kids in the hot tubs...................they couldnt get in, as there were constantly "fatties" in them!

Maybe my take on this wrong and I read it the wrong way....but I don't think it matters what size you are....large folks should be able to use the hot tubs as well. That statement really has no bearing on the topic.

MJ

Maybe my take on this wrong and I read it the wrong way....but I don't think it matters what size you are....large folks should be able to use the hot tubs as well. That statement really has no bearing on the topic.

Yeah, everyone should be able to use the hot tubs including the kids that are well mannered and potty trained. My kids are 9 and 10 and used the hot tubs quite a bit.

Quit sniveling about it, they are entitled to the same rights on that boat for the most part as us adults. The goofy pool is a disaster anyway. Always crowded, disgustingly filthy and not worth the effort to swim in.

If there is a problem with kids in the hot tubs by the goofy pool, fattys and no so fattys should waddle their tails down to the adult pool and use those hot tubs, since they are obviously not intended for kids below 18 and they are very clean and quiet.

It's amazing, the stuff that people will find to complain about when there is a simple solution. Kind of like an offensive picture, you would love to complain about it but always have to take a second glance. If you don't like it don't look at it. Find another alternative besides complaining.

There were a lot of kids in the hot tubs by the goofy pool, including my kids (my older one loves hot tubs, my youngest does not) but I never had a problem soaking in the tub with the kids. The hot tubs by the adult pool were always "kid free" and that was strictly enforced, it was a great place to relax.
as an anecdote, my kids feel that us adults have more privileges on the ship than they do, we have an adult pool, but there is no kid pool, parents can indeed go in the mickey pool if they want to. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter