kids in costumes

ScrapperKimmyD

I'm all a-twitter!
We've never let our kids wear their princess costumes to the park before even though we've seen other kids wear theirs.

It always seems too much of a bother. Pretty dresses and rides don't seem to be a good mix to me. Plus, they would either have to wear shoes that won't be comfortable for the day, or they look like a dork wearing comfy tennies with their dresses.

BUT, we're going to Minnie and Friends breakfast one day. Don't most of the kids wear their costumes there? What's it like to wear those dresses all day at DL? Won't they be too cold? or too hot?

Someone help me decide!

ScrapperKimmyD said:
We've never let our kids wear their princess costumes to the park before even though we've seen other kids wear theirs.

It always seems too much of a bother. Pretty dresses and rides don't seem to be a good mix to me. Plus, they would either have to wear shoes that won't be comfortable for the day, or they look like a dork wearing comfy tennies with their dresses.

BUT, we're going to Minnie and Friends breakfast one day. Don't most of the kids wear their costumes there? What's it like to wear those dresses all day at DL? Won't they be too cold? or too hot?

Someone help me decide!

i dont see much ppl wearing them anymore... not a lot of princess either... but there are some... i wouldnt though... unless your Daughter feels comfortable wearing it.

My DD 22 os. likes to wear her tink costume and I don't mind as the wings are attached and I just put on tights and a long sleeve t-shirt with a pair of cute tennies or mary janes. I always take an extra outfit in case she wants to take it off. But usually not. She does have a cinderella dress, but that is way too much for me to deal with for the day..

I did find a princess dress at Old NAvy one Halloween and it is simple and she wore it to Ariels for her fisrt birthday and the princesses just loved it. Especailly Aurora.. As the dress was pink and my DD's name is Aurora.

I don't find putting the fancy shoes on them something to be a desire. as I know they would kill my feet. But I also let mine wear hers dresses to the mall, grocery store, picking brother up from school. As it is all part of being a little girl. I also like seeing the kids dressed up at DL. Mine usually just wear a disney T-shirt.

At least she is not 5 and still dressing as Superman every day. I had a little one that I baby sat that dressed like that every day..

I saw mini-princesses wearing their dresses and tennies or Crocs, so cute! The little girls I saw looked so pleased with all the attention they were getting in their princess dresses. I don't know that there are any rides where a dress might be dangerous, but I suppose if a dress might get ruined (from water, stains, or whatever) it might not be worth it.

But if it were me, and my daughter (fictional, of course) didn't want to wear the dress around the park, I'd just bring a change of clothes for after the character meal. Either that, or return to the hotel to change clothes/nap/swim/quiet time.

ScrapperKimmyD said:

Someone help me decide!

Oh Dear Kimmy, both my DD's wear dresses inthe park with white or princess tennis shoes. They love it SOOOOO much and they do great on the rides and the meals we have had in the park. I buy dresses on sale and then they get a dress for christmas from Santa and then they will get one or two as Tinkerbell gifts while at the park. They love it even with tennis shoes. I don't think I will ever go again with out dresses for them... well until they decide not to wear them.

So I say go for it and get a dress. You can always take older shoe and spray paint them then add colored gitter to make them look better.

Best of luck, and when are you going?
Oh and did you catch from my thread that I am just down the way from you I think. I went to HS in Sac, now I am in Vacaville.
Have a great day.

I dressed my DD in her Minnie costume for the TTMM just so she could get her picture with Minnie while wearing her Minnie outfit. She is only 12 months so to take along a spare set of clothes wasn't a big deal since they hardly take up any room....After the picture I changed her into pants and shirt and just kept the Minnie dress in the stroller until we went back to the hotel.

We do Disney often, but the whole wearing a costume to the park thing is not my style. I'm function over fashion (except fanny packs :rotfl2: ). I did let them wear costumes once during the Halloween hoopla. We went with VERY casual costumes though. Those princess dresses can be SO itchy!

Oh, and no way would I ever let them wear those plastic shoes to DL. I wouldn't let them wear 'dress' shoes either, but I'd do that anyday before the plastic shoes. For the life of me I don't understand why people let their kids wear those to DL!

Okay, I'll take the dresses. That way, if we decide to do it, they'll have them. If they were really little, I'd be more likely to let them. But, at 7 & 9, I'm not so sure. How odd will it be for a mini Belle, Cindy or Jasmine to go on Tower of Terror? :rotfl2:

KC - which HS & what year did you graduate? We coulda been classmates! :goodvibes

ScrapperKimmyD said:
Okay, I'll take the dresses. That way, if we decide to do it, they'll have them. If they were really little, I'd be more likely to let them. But, at 7 & 9, I'm not so sure. How odd will it be for a mini Belle, Cindy or Jasmine to go on Tower of Terror? :rotfl2:

KC - which HS & what year did you graduate? We coulda been classmates! :goodvibes

Good iead, better to have them then have the girls want them and not have any.

I went to Mira Loma and graduated in 88. And you?

We brought DD's Snow White costume and she loved wearing it. She only wore it for about 2 hours though because it was really hot. She got a ton of compliments when she was wearing it. I would post pics, but I haven't hit my "# of posts" in order to post pics yet LOL.

I saw lots of kids wearing their cute little princess and tinkerbell costumes, and they wore a little pair of flat runners which didnt take away from the costumes at all. It was really adorable.

If you only want your kids to dress up for a character meal, then thats really great too. At least you will be able to see your kids all dressed up in their magical outifts for a special moment, even if it is just for one meal. It will make their day.

My daughters wear their princess dresses on occaison last time they wore their crocs with them. I would rather them look a little dorky than have to deal with blisters. However on the other hand the dresses were so long you one of my daughters was cinderella and had her blue crocs on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter