kids health...advise???? I'm stumped!

Try taking ALL dairy away from her

Just getting my (at the time) 5 year old to stop drinking milk stopped a lot of craziness-esp restless sleeping-and sleepwalking

Allergy testing is good...my dd was tested at 2yrs (just mold, dust & dust mites) but by the time she was 8yr she was sick all the time not to mention the constant hives, 2 trips to the ER for hives, had her retested and she is allergic to EARTH! Trees, Grass, and DIARY!!!! So after learning all this and taking all the percausions that were need, she is doing much better. The most difficult is the no diary. She hates soy milk.

OK we're home. DD6 was so excited to get into her own room! She grabbed a popsickle out of the freezer, went into her room, turned on the tv and seemed quite content earlier today. Now, she's ringing her little bell every 5 minutes! She wants this, she wants that...she's funny- even when she's not feeling like herself. Her throat is still sore, which is normal.

Tests yesterday showed no immediate results, so we're back to waiting for a few days.

Good news that you are all back home together. I hope they are right about the tonsils, I'll say a prayer for a miraculous turn around:goodvibes

Thanks all! I truely appreciate the thoughts and prayers. It's been a really stressful time for us these last few weeks. Health issues really scare me as a parent. DD is up and playing right now- which is the first time in over a week!

It bothers me when parents complain about their kids having too much 'energy' and being too over active...I went to the store a bit ago and there was this mom with one 3 or 4 year old. She was YELLING at him in the store to settle down. She told him that she didn't like his voice...then she told her husband "Sometime I wish he was born without a voicebox..." I felt like getting after her. I feel so bad for that poor kid. I don't care how much a persons kids bug them, how 'over active' they are...be thankful that they are healthy!

I am so happy that she is home and doing well. I hope this surgery did "the trick" and she continues to be healthy.

I hope she's better once her throat heals. Did they check her really well for fluid in her ears? It kind of goes along with the immune/allergy issues, and causes a temp spike when the infection starts. It would be odd to happen that often, but maybe it just never quite goes away. DS had the same symptoms when he started to get ear issues- irritability, didn't listen and behave (couldn't hear us). It hurt to eat, so he didn't. Ear tubes helped. Hope it's something that simple.

Also you can ask, "are you confident that you can do this?" If they aren't they will get someone that is..

that has most definitely not been our experience. At all. In fact, asking such a question seems to anger the ones with the needles, and it makes the experience worse. My MIL was in the hospital, and every single nurse/phlebologist (phlebotomist? whichever) they sent in stabbed her 4 times each. After saying that they were the best in the hospital, they were the expert, they were who she was waiting for. She was a mass of bruises on her arms and the backs of her hands. They finally called in the doctor (who was otherwise incomprehensible, hostile, and useless) who was able to do it in one painless try. A few days later we all requested that it be put in her ankle, for a variety of very good reasons, and after going through channel after channel and getting permission after permission to do it, we went through the problems again. And finally, after her ankles were bruised and MIL had tears running down her face, they again got the doctor in, who did it in one.

And that's just one experience we've had.

OP, I am sad I didn't read your post when you first made it. For me, having tonsils out was a horrible mistake, and I was the one who made it. Used to get sick in my throat, now I get sick in my lungs. One is more painful, but the other is far scarier. So I ask you to really watch out for how she gets sick. After all, the strep pain and redness was the tonsils doing their job, keeping the strep contained...now there's nothing to keep it contained. So be careful.

Beyond that, if it hadn't been going on SO long, I would have said TEETH to you. Droopy eyes, fever, flushed cheeks, lazing around while feeling basically fine AND being angry and teary...that is how my son teethed as a baby, and it's what happens currently, now that he's getting all 4 first permanent molars in at once AND is losing 2 or 3 teeth allllll at the same time.

We found homeopathy to be incredibly helpful when he was teething the "first" time around, and the very same remedy that helped the most then is helping now as well!

I would think that since the only answer you've gotten from western medicine is to take OUT part of her immune system (and remember, I was convinced to do that to myself too, at 20 or 21, I've been there definitely), it's time to move beyond their scope.

If DS were experiencing things without it being obviously teeth, I would be in to a Naturopath who had heavy knowledge of Homeopathy (actually at this point in my life I'd just find a Homeopath) and I would absolutely be taking him to a chiropractor, and probably someone who uses acupressure (probably not acupuncture right now).

All of those specialties are based on *helping* the immune system normalize. Not on taking away from it. Or, as has been going on with some of my friends' kids it seems, on lowering it with steroids, etc. But on helping the communication within the body, helping find balance where there is obviously imbalance. etc etc etc.

That's what I would do. That is what I DO do.

I wish you guys luck, and hope she can find some true health soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter