• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids Go Free Question

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if during the "Kids Go Free" season - the same applies when purchasing a day ticket at the gate ? I notice on the French website 1 child is admitted free with 1 adult but does the same apply to foreign visitors, or is the offer, as I suspect for hotel/ticket packages only ?

Thanks guys:)

Same applies with Buffalo Bill, could I book when we're there and get KGF ?

Hi

I don't know whether this helps but when I booked my accommodation, I was told that I had to book Buffalo Bill at the time to get the free kids offer. Although, I booked through Thompson though, not the disney site. I tried to get a quote for the 1 day ticket off the Disney site and it isn't taking any child discounts off.

Sorry I can't be more help!!!!

The DLP brochure is stating for each adult PACKAGE booked a child goes free so i doubt it will apply to park tickets only.

We booked direct with DLP and got kids go free for Feb half term. We decided a month later that we would like to do a character breakfast. I faxed my request and was telephoned back, i got the breakfast and kids free offer.

So i think if you book direct with DLP you can add things on at a later date and still get the offer. Not sure if this would apply to booking when you arrive.:confused3

Thanks both I'm looking at a 3 day package with a tour operator that includes 2 day hopper passes and a Paris excursion on day 3, but to be honest we'd rather spend another day in the parks, just trying to work out the added expence, or whether to opt for the 2 day package.

Re: Buffalo Bill's, if we go it will be me, 2 DS's and eldest DS's friend who is 12(adult prices) but actually looks about 9.
I was wondering if I might get him in on a free child ticket - he can have my meal, I'm not too fussed on the food, although every time he comes to ours he's either never tried or doesn't like any of the food I cook. I have to pay the adult price for my own son he's 12 and looks about 16, so I was wondering if I'd get away with buying 2 adult tickets and 2 "Kids go Free" child tickets at the park, I can't do it through the tour operator because they have the ages down.
I don't advocate or condone this sort of thing BTW :rolleyes1

Thing is we've already done this twice and although we've enjoyed it both times it is expensive, but with the parks closing at 6 - I'd need to find something for us to do in the evening.:hourglass

Hi, I hope this does not come out the wrong way however If it was me I think I would ask his parents to pay for his ticket.
In the small print of the brochure it says proof of age may be asked for a child. I don't know how often they ask though or even if they do.

My feeling is that as I've invited him I should pay for everything, although I see where you're coming from, if it was the other way around then I'd offer to pay for my kids .
To be honest I've not spoken to his parents yet, I tentatively spoke about it with him and DS on the weekend, but, as you can imagine paying for 3 adults, youngest DS will be free, I want to cost it all up before making any final decisions.

Also wondering if anyone's tried the Nex Arcade, I believe there's bowling, games etc. in there which the boys would enjoy.:)

Re: Buffalo Bill's, if we go it will be me, 2 DS's and eldest DS's friend who is 12(adult prices) but actually looks about 9.
I was wondering if I might get him in on a free child ticket - he can have my meal, I'm not too fussed on the food, although every time he comes to ours he's either never tried or doesn't like any of the food I cook. I have to pay the adult price for my own son he's 12 and looks about 16, so I was wondering if I'd get away with buying 2 adult tickets and 2 "Kids go Free" child tickets at the park, I can't do it through the tour operator because they have the ages down.
I don't advocate or condone this sort of thing BTW :rolleyes1

I would not avocate it either. Could be embarassing :rolleyes1 Best to accept the policy on admission age charging and if necessary as Claire suggests have a chat with the family. Paying and adult but only eating a child portion is entirely different than getting a child free for what should be an adult charge ;)

Whilst I'm quite sure I wouldn't be the first to try it, my guilty look would probably give me away anyhow, I'm not very good at bluffing my way through something. Personally I don't think the show or the food is good enough to justify seeing it at every visit because of the cost, so we'll just have to find something else to do.:goodvibes

I'd actually prefer to visit the Imax theatre, I wonder if they show films in English in there - off to check.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter