• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

kids gift baskets

goofyandmickey

Mouseketeer
Hi there! I have been reading so many threads that people have wrote about having a gift basket for their kids at the hotel for when they get there??? Anyone doing this that can share with me ideas of what you put in them and how it this would work? I am going with my DS 14 and DS 6. Thanks! This trip is allo about them and doing all the fun things they want to do! I want to make this a very special time for them becasue this trip is just mom and her boys. Thanks again!:goodvibes

If they're pin collectors, you may want to get them a few pins. You can usually get cheaper pins on the Disney website and there's free shipping on Mondays for select pins

We put in the Arcade cards (for the downstairs arcade), waistpacks/fanny packs or sling packs for them to carry. Playing cards, refillable mugs, tub toys, lanyards, pins, autograph books if they are in to that. Ummm, a CD of Disney music, penny press books, Epcot Passport, Animal Kingdom Passport....etc. Disney Cash, stuffed animals, Cars or other 'Disney related' hotwheels.

I've ordered from Memories by Betsy before and it worked out well. She put everyone's stuff in one large family basket and then just labeled everyone's stuff individually inside the basket. When we checked in I mentioned that we should have a delivery waiting for us and they delivered it within an hour to our room.

Here is her website to get some more ideas :) She has over 300 different baskets pictured on her photo site :) http://www.memoriesbybetsy.com/Memories_by_Betsy/Welcome.html

Hi there! I have been reading so many threads that people have wrote about having a gift basket for their kids at the hotel for when they get there??? Anyone doing this that can share with me ideas of what you put in them and how it this would work? I am going with my DS 14 and DS 6. Thanks! This trip is allo about them and doing all the fun things they want to do! I want to make this a very special time for them becasue this trip is just mom and her boys. Thanks again!:goodvibes

I just used Memories by Betsy to make three baskets for us..one for each kid...ages 16, 6 and 4

For the little ones each kid is getting:

plush (minnie princess for girl; mickey pirate and pluto for boy)
beach towel
autograph book
pen
disney character crayons
coloring/activity book
epcot passport
disney wallet w/ disney dollars
mickey ears
pin lanyard
one of those compressed wash cloths
disney flip flops
disney sunglasses

the boy is getting in addition: pirate legos and pressed penny book
the little girl: princess tiara and wand

My 16 year old we put in:
disney gift card
beach towel
vera bradley bag (kind of part gift/part for her for back to school anyway)
nice picture frame
Eeyore PJ's
arcade card
lanyard for her cell phone, passes etc
keychain
minnie mouse plush

Many of the items for the little ones I got at our local disney store on clearance and shipped down to Betsy. She purchased the lanyards, dolls, pressed penny books, Epcot passports etc..all stuff I would have stood in line to buy anyway. I purchased cute handmade fabric covered autograph books that come with a fabric pouch on a lanyard from a lady on Ebay and shipped those to Betsy too. Betsy will work with you and has lots of great suggestions. Here are the completed baskets. I confess maybe I got a little carried away, but well......LOL

gifts.jpg

we have not decided if we are mailing the initial basket to them or going to sneak it into the room upon arrival. we do have a basket for each day we are there with personalized invitations for them and personalized tshirts to coincide with what we are doing each day. you can check out my loot in the links below my signature....you could say I have been busy :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We like to smuggle down our own gift baskets or little gifts to be left by "Tink" daily....the gift basket is a bit easier, as everything is done at once. Here are some items we have included, usually collected over the year and stuff we would buy for vacation anyway, from The Disney Store (they have great sales), $$ Store, Target, etc:

* bathing suit
* flip flops
* swim goggles
* beach towel
* character cap
* jibbitz
* sunglasses
* disposable camera
* character t-shirts
* Disney plush
* coloring/activity books
* light up spinny toys

or you can check out:

http://peggyssweetsandmore.com/

http://memoriesbybetsy.com/Memories_by_Betsy/Welcome.html

http://www.goodypak.com/index.html/

http://www.disneyflorist.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter