Kids & Formal Nights

Peerue

Earning My Ears
I saw a picture posted of kids dressed in formal attire.....I hadn't thought about dressing the kids up, but I guess I should...is there a formal night (other than we we are going to Palos--adults only) that the kids need to wear dressy clothes? Thanks so much!!:Pinkbounc :D

Our kids (DD11, DS8) wore formal outfits both nights - they really enjoyed it. We took the formal pictures too - came out great!

There is a formal and a semi-formal night. Children need to be dressed appropriately for both. Think Easter Sunday best and you'll be fine for the younger ones and on semi-formal night. For younger kids a dress shirt/tie/slacks would be appropriate, teens need to be in jackets and ties or tuxes. Party dresses are good for younger girls, teens can recycle those prom gowns. If they haven't attended a prom yet--my bet is that you could borrow one from a friends older sister. They pretty much just hang in the closet forever anyhow.

I rented a tux for my teen son--he looked SO sharp :)

Anne

Is this how it works.....the formal night is whichever night you go to Palos? Or is there a Formal night for the whole ship on the same night? I'm confused I'm sorry!! What is the semi-formal night?

There are two dressy nights on the ship for everyone - not counting when you chose to go to Palos. There is a semi-formal night, and a formal night. If you chose to go to Palos and you go on a night that is not a formal night on the ship, that would make three nights that you would need to dress up.. I hope that helps...

Got it! That helped a lot!! Thanks so much to everyone! You all responded within just a few minutes--what a great help you ahve been!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There are formal nights on the 7 day cruise. On the 3 and 4 day cruise there are no formal or semi-formal nights. Tritons you are suppose to dress up along with Palo.

I am a sucker for seeing the kids all dressed up. My favorite is the younger girls dressed as their favorite princesses... And the little boys with the oxford shirt and ties and dress pants...they are just precious, even if the shirt tails are hanging out.

I am hoping that the outfits that I picked up for the kids will still fit them for their uncle's wedding in the spring. I just found the cutest dress for DD at JCP. Their easter ones are 75%. It is complete with a krenlin & the gathered ruffle with the split overskirt & ribbon rosettes. Only 11.77!!! DS will be wearing a blue double breasted suit. I am looking for a Mickey tie to finish off both DS's & DH's suits for formal night. :)

Hi Lisa.

I just found the cutest dress for DD at JCP. Their easter ones are 75%.

IF I had a daughter, I wouldn't buy her 75% of a dress. I think you should splurge and get her 100%...

I knew you would get me eventually, BD. :) Trust me, she gets alot more 100% dresses when they are only 75%.

My niece wore her blue prom dress last year on the ship and everyone kept telling her she looked like Cinderella. My DS' wore black suits but next year I'm getting them tuxes.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter